cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to view the answers of Registration of Suppliers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are able to send questionnaires based on product categories to external vendors email using the standard ROS application for Registration of Suppliers. (We have changed a setting in SO50 and are able to send mails through outlook).

The newly registered suppliers are getting e-mail in HTML, when the bidders send the answers to questionnaires; the administrator is getting emails with attachment as POSTDATA.ATT file.

1. Is it standard behavior?

2. Where/How to see the answers received by suppliers?

3. Or instead of sending an HTML page to the suppliers, can we send a link, which can take him to answer directly enter the answers in an application.

Ganapathi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is always better to send a link to your prospective vendors. The vendors can click on this link, open up the questionnaire and send it across.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil R Gupta,

Thanks for the response. We would also prefer to send a link to prospective vendors.

But we are not able to send such links.

Can you please suggest what settings/developments we have to do, for this?

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont have access to systems currently. Hence I may not be able to give you the exact path.

SPROSRMServerEdit/Change Questionnaire. Open up the questionnaire you wish to send as a link. In the menu bar, click on 'Edit Letter' and within the letter you can put any text (For ex : Welcome to XYZ. Pl fill up the questionnaire below). After this text just type /URL/ .

This will ensure that questionnaire is sent as a link.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

I did as you suggested.

Earlier supplier was gettig text as WELCOME

Now he is getting text as "WELCOME /URL/"!

....nothing else changed!!

(i.e. still it is sending POSTDATA.ATT FILE)

Did I understood you correctly?

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SRM are you on?

Create a questionnaire & then assign it to a survey. Assign this questionnaire to a product category so that when vendor

selects the prod category,he gets this survey.

Pl see sample text below under 'Edit Letter'

Dear Vendor,

Please click on following URL to register yourself with our organization.

Regards,

Procurement cell

XYZ Company

/URL/

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Mar 17, 2011 6:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil Gupta,

We are expecting that, the system will create 1 URL which will take to a page where supplier can answer to the questionnaires we have created. The answers should get saved somewhere in our database.

I think you are suggesting a workaround... i.e. to create a webpage and paste the URL of that in the text.

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganapathi,

I am not suggesting a work around!! This is standard SAP solution!!!

I am telling you exactly what you are trying to achieve. Please disable all other settings you have made for achieving this and follow whatever is mentioned in my last post.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Thanks for the help and patience.

We are using SRM7.0 SP07.

1.Select Product Categories for Registration

2.Language Selection for Questionnaire

3.Select Product Categories for Registration

These steps are fine.

I think we are doing some mistake in the node, "Create/Change Questionnaire".

Under this node, I create new survey. Then I click on "Create Questionnaire". After this, nowhere I am able to find "Edit Letter".

However when I right click on "page1" I get "Insert Layout Element>Link". I got an area to type text (for example what is your turnover?) ... This appeared as a link to prospective supplier... if the prospective supplier clicks on this link it takes to res://ieframe.dll/syntax.htm#

Very much confusing! Can we call you? or Where we can get proper documentation for this?

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most important thing...After the prospective supplier submits the answer to questions, we have noticed that, the system is creating a BP number, with the status as NEW. With few clicks on the this I am able to view answers given in main page (company name, address, email id etc..).

But I am not finding any place where I can see the answers replied for the questions w.r.t. product category. How to see these answers?

Ganapathi

Edited by: Ganapathi on Mar 18, 2011 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathy,

You are not on the right track.

There is a option in the menu 'Edit Letter'. You need to place the text there. Just scroll your mouse over the menu and you will see a text prompt for 'Edit Letter'.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Really Great!

I got the link now......I was searching for 'Edit Letter' in Questionnaire page. But it was their in survery page.

After this, I got error, Application sap/uws_form_service cannot be started. Create an application node using Transaction SICF.

With reference to thread, (this was also answered by you only), I executed the report BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP. with UWS_FORM_SERVICE as BSP_Name. This error also got resolved.

Happy!.....Issue is completely resolved now....millons of points to you!........... but I can give you only few points per thead.

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers mate!

Good to know all your issues are resolved now.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Recollect your exclusive help on this thread. Now I have posted one more thread, in continuation to this issue.

. fyi..

Ganapathi.

Answers (0)