cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy vs. idocs based on scenario for error processing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In my scenario, we are getting file with SO info and we are to create a customer first and then create the SO (if the Customer creation is successful). If the customer could not be created then a user needs to be notified in their Inbox and when the user selects a particular work item, a BDC session needs to be called for customer creation with data populated for that particular record. Once the user has created the customer, SO creation should be triggered and if there is any error, it should be handled in the same manner as Customer creation.

Option 1)

Use Idocs, send Custmas and then send Orders after a delay (or can return the IDoc status) and if one does not get created, we can use the post permitted agent and enable even linkage to trigger a BDC session.

Issues:

1) I dont think its a very good design, sending IDocs and expecting a user to process errors and then trigger the 2nd Idoc for SO creation.

2) if the error is handled using BDC, then how would the IDoc status be changed, from error to successful?

Option 2)

Send the whole data in a custom IDoc and then custom message process function can take care of the rest. " I'm not serious about this one "

Issues:

1) Proxy is a better approach to send data.

2) too much effort involved.

Option 3)

Send data using proxy and loop on the table to trigger std. BAPI and handle the error using the custom workflow to send mail, trigger BDC.

Issues:

1) how long would it take to process one record? Dialog Work Process might time out.

2) justify the role of PI in this? I can poll the file directly n process it in ERP

Kindly advise, wats the best option or approach!

--

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to go with BPM for this.