cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING for Netweaver Management Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if I looked in the right place, but I did not find what I was looking for. Can someone let me know what the ccmsping equivalent for PI 7.1 is ? I know the sapccmsr and sapccm4x have been replaced by Netweaver Management Agents, but what about ccmsping ?

I am trying to configure availability monitoring with central autoreactions. I have already got it to work for our ECC landscape, but am not sure about PI. Installed an agent on a PI Sandox, but it doesn't show up under "CCMSPING Destinations" in RZ21.

Ive gone through this link already.

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NWPI71/helpdata/EN/44/893e933dc912d3e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Shreya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreya,

Can someone let me know what the ccmsping equivalent for PI 7.1 is ?

yes, it is ccmsping

There has nothing changed regarding availability monitoring.

But some of your statements worry me...

I am trying to configure availability monitoring with central autoreactions.

That's, well, unusal. Normally you use one single ccmsping to monitor the availability of your complete environment. The availability data then exsists in your central monitoring system (CEN), i.e. it is stored locally in a monitoring context of the CEN. And this means that you are not able to use a central autoreaction in your CEN. You have to use a "normal" autoreaction, running in dialog (client 000, user SAPSYS).

More than one ccmsping is only used in scenarios as described e.g. in [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4e/06ae409567942ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm].

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. So this is what I have done. It works, but I'm hoping you could point out where I am wrong. I am giving you all the possible information and I really appreciate you letting me in on these insights. Also, thank you for not just answering my question, but going an extra mile.

1. I have configured ccmsping to run in each instance (ECC) to Solution Manager (CEN). So typically, I ran the ccmsping -R pf=<> command in the monitored system.In the CEN RZ21 --> CCMSPING agents --> I see one for each D, Q, P of ECC. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

2. Currently, I am in the process of trying to get auto reactions to work, but am having some issues. I was however able to get a normal auto reaction to work. So your clarifications help a lot.

3. When I followed the same procedure I followed for ECC, the ccmsping agents register, start, but dont show up in RZ21 in the CEN. Any ideas why ?

Conceptually, is there anything wrong that I might be doing ? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conceptually, is there anything wrong that I might be doing ?

yes, quite everything

The link I pasted in the first answer states:

Normally, you only require one CCMSPING agent to monitor your entire system landscape.

Do qou understand this? One ccmsping. Only one single ccmsping. For the entire landscape. Not one ccmsping for each instance!

This is how ccmsping is meant to be used:

You have one ccmsping that should be installed directly on your CEN. After successful registration you see this ccmsping in rz21.

Now you maintain the availability monitoring in rz21 of the CEN. For each system that should be monitored you will use the ccmsping running on the server of the CEN as the responsible ccmsping.

And this one single ccmsping agent will then check if the systems are available. One after the other.

So typically, I ran the ccmsping -R pf=<>

ccmsping doesn't need a profile. But using the -push option is a very good idea.

So at the moment I would suggest the following steps:

- unregister all ccmsping agents that you have installed so far

- register one ccmsping directly on the server running your CEN

- change the configuration so that this one single ccmsping is responsible for all monitored systems

Why doesn't it make sense to install ccmsping directly on the monitored system?

Well, you want to monitor the availability of your SAP system. ccmsping running on the same server will tell you if the instances or the complete SAP system is down. But what happens if the complete server is down? In this case ccmsping is also not running. And in this case you will see in rz20 - nothing. The MTEs will not be updated any longer. No alert. Not really what you want I think

Therefore ccmsping is usually installed on the server running the CEN. If this server is down a not running ccmsping is the smallest problem...

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I shall have an update for you soon