Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Import in more than one client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have setted up Auto Import in QA system for one client eg 200

Currently I am having two more clients 210 and 220.

I require the auto import to be scheduled for 200 and 220. Is this possible? Please let me know.

When the auto import job runs for one client it transports all the request in the queue and deletes it so there is no way we can schedule onether job for a diffrent client.

Please advice..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The information in the document is too vague.. Could you please give me step by step process how to create 2 clients.

Requirement: As soon as the request is release from the DEV (client 100) it should be automatically imported in QA 200 and QA 220.

I have already setted up for QA 200.

What are the additional steps required for performing auto-import in QA 220.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Domain Controller :

STMS -> Transport Routes

Create Transport Group from Edit menu. The name of the transport group should start and end with /

Specify the target system and clients in the transport group that you want the transports to be added to

Now point the transport layers to transport group from Dev

Connect the transport group to your QA system.

Distribute and Activate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There is SAP note: 398589. It describes how to schedule TMS import job which runs periodically.

This basically schedules TMS* job.

So, apparently this should automatically import the Transport Requests in your system.

But I never tested in our environment how it works and more over if it serves your purpose.

Experts,

If any one ever happen to use this methodology, kindly let us know.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naved,

As u said, i did the below things

1) STMS -> Transport Routes

2) Create Transport Group from Edit menu. The name of the transport group should start and end with /

3) Specify the target system and clients in the transport group that you want the transports to be added to

4) Now point the transport layers to transport group from Dev :??? how??

5) Connect the transport group to your QA system. ?? how ??

Distribute and Activate.

Please help.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same way you created transport group, create transport layer which should already be there since you had configured your STMS and connect QA system by creating transport route. So your STMS config will look something like this:

Dev -> Transport Group -> QA

I think for transport layers and how to create transport route the documentation is pretty clear from SAP.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a2a27acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in the queue you should see same transport no. twice, one for client 200 and one for 220 if you have configured STMS with target group. If that is the case then the job should auto import in both the clients.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you are right, Please let me know how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a Transport group between Dev and QA server and specify the clients that you want the transports to be added and imported to.

Check the link for more information.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/44/b4a1f97acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed