Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SUP need Mobile infrastructure(MI)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all SUP developers,

As i understand from SUP documents that SUP doesn't need MI,right ? What if a company has thousnd of users and they are using e.g a workflow application so my question is Does only SUP can handle those users without any crashes on server or making operations slow? OR Does it need MI beside for using applications properly ?

Any ideas would be higly appreciated

Regards

Tahir Ö

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rahul_mb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir ÖZ,

As you said SUP does not require MI. We can directly connect to the SAP ECC without the MI server. But if you want to connect the SUP with SAP ECC through MI then you can do that also.

And regarding the Workflow applications MI is not at all required, you can easily achieve Mobile Workflow applications with SUP alone. In addition SUP provides Mobile Workflow Form Editor through which we can develop Mobile Workflow apllications without much effort.

Regards,

Rahul Muraleedharan.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

Thank you for helpfully answer. I connect the SUP with SAP ECC without MI but i hesitate on a point and it makes me wonder about establishing MI or not because i dont want it if not neccessary so if more than one thousand users use same application then only SUP server can handle that traffic or do i need MI as well ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Tahir Ö

rahul_mb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

SUP is a very well proven MEAP, so its obvious that it alone can handle the heavy traffic. There is no need to go for MI just because the number of users is too large. MI will come into the picture only when you currently have a mobile solution which is built on MI and you want to move it SUP. Then instead of developing all the MBOs from ECC you can import the ESDMA bundle from MI to the SUP. Thus a lot of development effort can be reduced.

And also Sybase has AFARIA server through which we can provide every kind of security to the enterprise mobile applications.

Regards,

Rahul Muraleedharan.

Answers (0)