cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when configure SMD - Wily (WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I'm configuring the agent with smd wizard I have the following error.

Mar 16, 2011 12:58:12 PM [Thread[SAP GC|EPP_J02_server1,5,main]] Error com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction - scanInitial(): scan for file D:\usr\sap\EPP\J02\j2ee\..\work\std_server1.outterminated: D:\usr\sap\EPP\J02\j2ee\..\work\std_server1.out (The device is not ready) Mar 16, 2011 12:58:12 PM [Thread[SAP GC|EPP_J02_server1,5,main]] Info com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction - setStatus(): new status for action SAP GC|EPP_J02_server1: WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION

Mar 16, 2011 12:58:12 PM [Thread[SAP GC|EPP_J02_server1,5,main]] Error com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction - doRun(): Action temporarily stopped: SAP GC|EPP_J02_server1

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.TransientException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\usr\sap\EPP\J02\j2ee\..\work\std_server1.out (The device is not ready)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.handleError(AbstractAction.java:322)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.scanInitial(GcScannerAction.java:389)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.doRun(GcScannerAction.java:136)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.run(AbstractAction.java:53)

at com.wily.EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:725)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\usr\sap\EPP\J02\j2ee\..\work\std_server1.out (The device is not ready)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.scanInitial(GcScannerAction.java:370)

... 4 more

the problem is that my instance is not installed in D:\usr\sap\EPP\J02..,but it is on c:\usr\sap\EPP\J02.

For that reason me GC is not running. Because I have status WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION.

Best Regards

Donaldo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Donaldo,

Is the problem solved?

I have a simular problem only the Agent is pointing to the directory ../J00/.. instead of ../JC00/.., and I also get the message "SMD - Wily ( WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION)

I checked all log-files and configuration files but iI can not find the problem.

Regards,

Meindert

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was not solved yet. I have opened a OSS. I'll let you some update..

0 Kudos

Hoi Donaldo,

I too made a call at SAP. If the problem is solved i come back to you.

Thx

Meindert Jansen

0 Kudos

Hoi Donaldo,

I got response from SAP and my problem is solved. I made a quick guide how it was solved with screencaptures. If you send me your e-mail and i will send it to you.

Regards,

Meindert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you let me know what is the resolution for this issue?. I'm also getting the same messages " WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give me a mail to send a document...I have solved all my appls

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Donaldo

Can you send this document to me as well please? My address is visible on my business card.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, I'm facing the same problem, could you give the solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please update your business card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Could send me the solution?

I have the same error.

Best Regards,