cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple public root folders in Easy DMS

0 Kudos

We are trying to set up an effective folder structure for our business in Easy DMS. By default there is one public root folder and one private root folder that gets created. Is it possible to add more public root folders, or do I have to start building my main folder structure under the single EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER ? I would rather remove this level and start with multiple root folders if possible. In other words have something like:

EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER1 = Business 1 Public Folder

EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER2 = Business 2 Public Folder

EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDERn = Business n Public Folder

SAPUSERID = Private Root Folder

Thanks,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

from the standard point of view I have to inform you that there should be only one public folder (EDIPUBLICFOLDER) for the usage in EasyDMS. Because otherwise it might lead to problems and inconsistencies.

Best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

Hi Christoph and all,

So if there can only be one Public Root folder, I have a question about expanding EDMS to incorporate more uses. We have a small group of users now who use it and so they already have the EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER document created with a certain doc type (FLD) which has some special rules coded with it that the lower level folders and documents inherit from it. Now as part of our PLM project we are going to roll out EDMS to a broad audience who needs more general functionality which will come from an EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER of a different document type (FOL). Is it possible to create this new pubic root folder and somehow move the existing one with its specialized doc property inheritance to a subfolder within the new public root folder?

Thanks,

Joseph

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

I think it is not possible to create different root folders.

But it is possible to use folders with different documenttypes. We create doctypes F01, F02, etc. So the users do only see directories if they have sufficent rights.

with knd regards

Daniel