cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI track deployment issue in Consolidation RTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have NWDI system installed on 7.11 box. We have a track configured with Dev and QA RTS. Activities get imported and deployed in Development RTS successfully. When I import the activities in Consolidation tab, I see DTR, CBS and Deployment log as successful. But my DC's are not getting deployed in QA RTS.

I have not checked "Disable auto deployment " checkbox. The log meesage I see for deployment is:

20110316103702 Info :Starting Step SDM-deployment-notification at 2011-03-16 10:37:02.0300 -5:00

20110316103702 Info :Deployment is performed asynchronously.

20110316103702 Info :Following DCs are marked for deployment (buildspace = TRCNAME):

20110316103702 Info :

20110316103702 Info :RequestId: 3062

20110316103702 Info :==> no resulting DCs for deployment

20110316103702 Info :Follow-up requests:

20110316103702 Info :

20110316103702 Info :

20110316103702 Info :Step SDM-deployment-notification ended with result 'success' at 2011-03-16 10:37:02.0308 -5:00

Thanks for your help.

-Yomesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

It is pretty clear from your question that your QA-RTS will not have those DC deployed.

It is obvious because, you have only imported your activities into consolidation system.

But you did not perform the further pending operation of "Assembly"

To give you more clarity, please go through the following explanation carefully.

1) When you define runtime systems for your track, it literally means that you are defining path on how the JOURNEY of your project source code modification will take place.

2) So, in your case you have defined DEV & QA as runtime systems, so far so good.

3) now, please understand that Consolidation is not a separate runtime system running on a different host.

4) The Development RTS and Consolidation RTS are on the same host, these are just 2 compartments or you can say 2 different workspaces through which you source code modifications take their journey.

5) But, the QA runtime system is altogether on a different Host, which is your TEST system, where your conduct the UAT (User Acceptance Test).

6) So, in your case you have successfully imported your activities into Consolidation Tab of your track, so still your changes are not transported any further from there.

7) To carry forward your changes to the QA runtime system, first you need to perform the "Assembly" step in the assembly tab.

😎 Assembling the Components means that all your changes (specific to activities that you had created and that were also imported into consolidation tab) will now be accumulated into a single entity known as Software Component Archive (.SCA file)

9) Now this very .SCA which is formed as a result of assembly operation is carried forward to the next runtime system, in your case it is the QA runtime system.

10) you have multiple ways of transporting this .SCA to QA runtime system, via CTS-Upload system or via directly defining the Deployment information (like Deploy Host, Port Number, User ID and Password of your QA runtime system) in TEST tab of your track it depends what technology is used in your landscape.

I hope you'll get a clear picture now, please revert in case of any further clarification.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

buh this can have a lot of reasons... So its hard to give any proper advice I am afraid.

i would first check:

- Have all relevant activities been released? Maybe some one else did something and the all users filter was not set when doing the release..

- Do you have broken DCs in CONS?

- Just to play it safe - did you do a connection test out of CMS to you RTS?

- In the deploy applet have any DCs been deplyoed in the past?

Looking forward hearing from you

Jan