cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet Enterprise Wizard: Problem BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have an issue with the Duet Enterprise wizard.

At step 11, were i have to dowload the bdc models. Tthe system promt an error:

"No BDC Models were crerated"

Does anybody have an advice for me?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pit,

I assume you have not changed the default setting of the BDC export (e.g. the namespace is still "Binding_T_HTTPS_A_WSSE") then something must have gone wrong in step 2 "Security Configuration". Here the "Create Endpoints for Services" should have created several services in SOAMANAGER that are used in this step by the BDC Publisher (this video talks a little about it).

Unfortunately re-running the wizard does not really work right now, so I would recommend that you check the services manually:

Start transaction SOAMANAGER and first check the configured profiles. Under Technical Administration -> Profile Management you should see (at least) two profiles: DUET_ENTERPRISE_SAML and DUET_ENTERPRISE_ASSERTION. The DUET_ENTERPRISE_ASSERTION is required for services that are used when the backenend accesses services on the Service Consumption Layer (required by Workflow and Reporting). This is of no interested to us now. The DUET_ENTERPRISE_SAML is the one that is used for the communication with SharePoint.

If the profile is there then go to the second tab Service Administration (if not follow the instructions "2.7 Creating Endpoints for Duet Enterprise Services" -> "2.7.1 Creating and Activating Endpoints for all Scenarios" from the Deployment Guide).

Under Business Scenario Configuration you should find one configuration DUET_ENTERPRISE_ALL. click on that and make sure that you see services on the "Provider Side" that have the DUET_ENTERPRISE_SAML service assigned to them (e.g. /IWCNT/IWXMANAGEREPORTS_IN_V1). Then go back to the tab Service Administration and click on "Single Service Configuration". In here search for one of the services, e..g /IWCNT/IWXMANAGEREPORTS_IN_V1 (make sure that you have Field: "Both Names" selected).

You should find the service and when you click on it and click on configuration you should see one more entry with two end-points. I guess this is not the case in your scenario. (if they are there, let me know and we will troubleshoot further...)

In order to find the error, go back once more to the "Service Administration" tab. From there select "SOA Configuration Request Queue Management". If you click on "Check for updates" (and maybe "Start request queue processing") you will most likely see some errors. Can you post your results here?

One guess would be that there is an issue with the SSL configuration on the SCL. Can you verify via STRUST if SSL is set up? Go to STRUST and check that you have a "folder" "SSL server Standard ". If´you double click on that you should see an entry for the "Owner Certificate".

If that is there go to SMICM -> Goto -> Services and make sure that you have one entry with Active Services "HTTPS". If that is not there make sure that the Profile parameter for SSL is set (check Deployment Guide -> "Configuring the Use of SSL between the SCL Host and SharePoint" -> To configure the use of SSL in the SCL host.

Hope this helps a little. Let me know what the situation is in your system and I will try to help further.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Profile is existing

2. Services are assigned

3. The service /IWCNT/IWXMANAGEREPORTS_IN_V1 has only one entry

4. When I started the update check the follwing errors are prompted:

Activate endpoint for service /IWCNT/ACTIONITEMVI_DOCUMENT and profile DUET_ENTERPRISE_ASSERTION version 1 in scenario DUET_ENTERPRISE_ALL Failed

Activate endpoint for service /IWCNT/REPADAPTERWSVI_DOCUMENT and profile DUET_ENTERPRISE_ASSERTION version 1 in scenario DUET_ENTERPRISE_ALL Failed

Activate endpoint for service /IWCNT/RMWRAPPERVI_DOCUMENT and profile DUET_ENTERPRISE_ASSERTION version 1 in scenario DUET_ENTERPRISE_ALL Failed

5. HTTPS is not in use

Now i take a look at the "Configuring the Use of SSL between the SCL Host and SharePoint"

Thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pit,

great -- so it is just the missing SSL configuration on the SCL. Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I have some additional information.

Some of the BC Sets are missing:

On the SCL System:

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/appl_soap_management

On the SAP System:

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/appl_soap_management

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/saml2

In the SAML 2.0 configuration under the tab "Trusted Providers" I select the "Security Token Services".

There should be an entry for SharePoint but it doesn´t exist.

When I´m trying to creat a new entry, the system tells me there is already an entry with the name "SharePoint"?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure that /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/saml2 is only available on the SAP system? Or do you mean on the SCL system?

Can you go to SICF and see if SAML2 is simply not activated yet.

It seems like something went wrong in the security configuration step of the Wizard. Did you execute all the steps? did you get any errors?

Thanks,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please help me out i am getting similar error in SOA Configuration Request Queue Management.

However I have configured SSL as well.

Clear WSIL Cache Successful execution

Activate logical ports for service group /IWCNT/BPC_SERVICE_GROUP and application BIZ_SYS_S13CLNT800/APPL_S13CLNT800 in scenario DUET_STARTER_SERVICES_ALL Failed

Activate logical ports for service group /IWCNT/CODELIST_SERVICE_GROUP and application BIZ_SYS_S13CLNT800/APPL_S13CLNT800 in scenario DUET_STARTER_SERVICES_ALL Failed

Activate logical ports for service group /IWCNT/PRD_SERVICE_GROUP and application BIZ_SYS_S13CLNT800/APPL_S13CLNT800 in scenario DUET_STARTER_SERVICES_ALL Failed

Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

we resolved Pits problem. So in your case, can you check that the services are released in the backend system? Did you follow the steps mentioned in the Note 1480794? If you now check the backend system can you see the services there?

Did you exchange the profiles? If you drill down in the error message you should see a little more information (especially under "Failed to create logical port using WSIL"

Thanks,

Holger.