cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning messages are displayed in the TRACE file in the Integrated ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the Integrated ITS as part of our SAP SRM 5.5 system. We have noticed the following message(s) in our logs:

• WARNING => plugin: client >XX< already set, overwritten by kernel

• WARNING => plugin: language >YY< already set, overwritten by kernel

We are looking at ways to correct any issues and prevent these messages from filling up our logs.

Our SRM ITS based services are all active and working fine. I have read 1027111 and lots of other ITS based docs.

In a SRM system that is using unmodified ITS based services e.g. transactions BBPSTART, BBPGLOBAL and BBPSC01 etc. How do we prevent the parameter problem?

Has anyone else come resolved this issue or come to a conclusion they can share?

Cheers, Jason.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your comments Oisin. I suspect that it is the templates themselves as there are no references to these parameters in the GUI confirguration and the parameters are referenced in the templates themselves.

What I don't understand is that this is all SAP standard , so how do we change them in accordance with SAP notes and documentation that state these are old references and should not be used/changed.

It seems like an OSS call is the only answer here.

Cheers, Jason.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

If opening a message, then correct component would be: SRM-EBP-TEC-ITS

Provide them with the exact SRM support pack you are on.

Also - see the following WIKI:

[How to check the publishing Date of an Internet Service |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/OYG8BQ ]

Check your SRM services publishing dates.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks fior the updates guys!

All our internet services (via se80) have a main parameter tab with parameters including ~client and ~language

I've checked and within many of the internet services (se80) lots of the individual templates have ~language=' '' referenced throughout.

Cheers, Jason.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You say

All our internet services (via se80) have a main parameter tab with parameters including ~client and ~language

This is not relevant for Integrated ITS, the parameters you use are those in SICF in the GUI Configuration. The issue you have is the references in the templates. Your focus will need to be on the SRM side.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, already checked all ITS services in SICF. None have ~client or ~language in the GUI configuration

Cheers, Jason.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The affected services are SRM-related, right? Probably inside the SRM-services templates, there are URLs mentioning ~client or ~language (or other obsolete parameters). What you can do to make sure about this assumption is: publish the services into a local directory, then use the Windows search mechanism to find files with such criteria.

Cheers,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the replies, appreciated.

I've have previously reviewed SAP note 975010 and understand the issue and cause.

I've checked the GUI configuration section of all our ITS services, none of these have either ~client or ~language.

I have noticed previously that all the Internet services in SE80 have the parameters ~client and ~Language etc. I suspect the problem is here but these are all SAP standard internet services, e.g. BBPSTART, BBPSC01 etc.

Any suggestions?

Cheers and thanks again, Jason.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Check the "GUI configuration" section of these services in transaction SICF.

Regards,

Oisin

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Some parameters in the Integrated ITS have been renamed. The parameter ~client is now called sap-client; the parameter

~language is now called sap-language and so on.

If you are seen entries like:

"...

• WARNING => plugin: client >XX< already set, overwritten by kernel

• WARNING => plugin: language >YY< already set, overwritten by kernel

..."

This means that a call in the old syntax was used. You may verify the service being called and see if there is old-style parameters being used in the "GUI Configuration".

Complementary, have a look at SAP note 975010.

I hope this information helps.

All the best,

Cristiano

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Are there any ~client or ~language parameters set in the GUI configuration section of the SRM services?

if you migrated these SRM services-do the templates contain any references to the parameters ~client or ~language??

Regards,

Oisin