SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formal error in Returns Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

When I am performing Returns operation, in some cases it is working pefectly.

With the same configuration, in some cases I am getting "Formal error: Amount missing for item 0003" or "Formal error: Amount missing for item 0004".

I am not getting any explanation for this error.

I am using ISU EHP4.

Could you please guide me in this regard?

Thanks & Regards,

Rupam Paul

3 REPLIES 3

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the documents that you are usinng for returns , is it having a ZERO balance or is the document having a '0' amount - Check the same in FP09 and the document also .

Secondly also check the note 1555518 ( for reference ) which has the same symptoms while generating the invoicing documents .

revert back with the details of the lot as to what is the details of the documents that you are using in FP09 .

Cheers ,

Dewang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

I was performing Returns operation for a check payment collected through FP25 for an invoice receivable. While performing Returns operation, I have selected the appropriate House Bank, Cheque Return reason for the House Bank, and clearing account for the House Bank in the header section. In the item section I have used selection category as Check No. and specified Check No. and Returns amount. It picked up the appropriate Returns Charges while saving. But after closing and processing the lot, I am getting the Formal error: Amount missing for item 0004.

Similarly while I was performing Returns operation for a Payment Run (FPY1) for colelction of payment for an invoice receivable. While performing Returns operation, I have selected the appropriate House Bank, Bank Return reason for the House Bank, and clearing account for the House Bank in the header section. In the item section I have used selection category as Document No. and specified Payment FICA Document No. and Returns amount. It picked up the appropriate Returns Charges while saving. But after closing and processing the lot, I am getting the Formal error: Amount missing for item 0003.

Payment document in the above cases were not having '0' amount.

Again sometimes with same configuration, the Returns Operation is working.

Notes 1555518 talks about similar error during invoice processing, but in our case we are getting any error while processing/posting invoice.

Request your guidance in the regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupam Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Rupam ,

If the documents are not there with '0' value then the error should not come in to picture .

I would recommend you to raise an OSS - Create Support Message for the same and let the development team come with some findings .

Cheers ,

Dewang