cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager and Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm exploring a more friendly way (e.g. Wiki) for the business user to access and search the blueprint document that is currently being deposited in the SAP Solution Manager. Could you share if you've similar experience or similar works?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CK,

Are you asking about attaching project documentation or the blueprint structure?

If you are seeking project documentation, What I would do is to use a Wiki/Sharepoint like structure/site to store documentation and then point to it using a Weblink in Solar01/02 Project documentation

That way BPP's Config guides, change requests all can be attached to SolMan as a weblink and stored on Wiki, whilst their links are maintained in Solution Manager. Giving access to even those who do not have access to SolMan.

That way there is always one place to store the actual document with minimal hassle. And no rework.

If you are looking to dump out your entire structure, you can generate the Business Blueprint document and store it on Wiki someplace.

Hope that helps.

Edited by: Banerjee Vivek on Mar 16, 2011 4:36 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banerjee,

My question is relating to the blueprint documentation. If you use Wiki/Sharepoint like structure to store the documentation, how do you control the document versioning, how does the document version link to the GT version, etc? this control is important as we will have multiple rollout while the GT is being "upgraded" from another version to another.

Thank you!

Regards,

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for the delayed response.

I may need a bit more clarification about the way you are going about planning the blueprinting process here.

Idea is to store documents at one place in Sharepoint, use the link to the repository, and save that link in SolMan as a part of Project Documentation.

Version Control is a feature you can exploit in Sharepoint much better and can use it for your roll-outs. Workflow lets you control access right up to the document/folder level, along with the concept of Checkin-Checkout (which SolMan also provides but Sharepoint does better), helps maintain trail of document edits.

On a recent consultation, I suggested using the Sharepoint way to control documents, because that way, there is only one place to store the actual document, and everything else (SolMan) just "hyperlinks" to the document. So then there is only one repository to update the documents. The links will remain the same.

I may have misunderstood your concept of GT's here so you may have to elaborate on that front. I mean, do not understand what GT's actually mean. Do you mean your Blueprint process structure.

Regards,

VIvek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, currently we're in the blueprint phase; GT = Global Template

Thank you!

Regards,

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the very root, SharePoint handles content like Windows, so you can link to folders in SharePoint using the hyperlink they generate.

So say you have 3 implementations, you can create a similar structure in SharePoint where you build up documentation for each wave of implementation in the folders, keeping frice specs, blueprint docs and analysis docs in the folder hierarchy. Now the SharePoint portal will generate a web-link for all of these individual documents/folders.

Save the web-link in Solution Manager under Project Documentation in Solar02 under , that way SAP and Non SAP Staff has access to the document (based on how your Sharepoint Admin sets up the security.)

Now SharePoint lets you do version control, and lets you choose what version be retained, and as your implementations and the processes redefine themselves, inside SolMan (Or changes in document i.e. (styles/standards/detail levels) all this gets documented.

Now thus for every Template, you will get a structured container within document repository and use the links generated thru the SharePoint portal as references in Solar02.

Plz let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can maintain documents in Solution Manager in the Project Documentation tab of the SOLAR01 transaction, for choosen the project which you already created using the SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN transaction.

what you can do is , you can create your own Process scenario,process, step in solaro1 AND assigh the document in project documentation tab more structured way and it can be viewed by everybody who has access to solution manager.

Jansi