cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit/Badi to validate the proposed proj number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

While creating new project in SAP PS, system proposes next open number via CJ20N transaction, but users are skipping the proposed number and entering any other open number as the Project number leading to GAPS in Project numbering sequence,which business don't want.

Hence business want to put a validation to enforce the next sequential number (i.e.proposed number A950 highlighted in Green box) as the project number in the filed highlighted (in red). In case If user enters A951 (instead of A950), then it should not allow and also populate validation message saying '' Please enter the next open number A950''

Is there any exit or a BADI where we could write the logic to capture the proposed number and does the validations accordingly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum for a better answer as there are similar posts earlier...

for example the first thread in the forum by Virendra Pal..

below exit & BAPIs may help...

CNEX0002

BAPI_PROJECTDEF_EXISTENCECHECK

BAPI_PROJECTDEF_GETDETAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

The BAPI's which you have provided would get the next number, but this functionality is already there in the CJ20N transaction and also it proposes the user to use the number which would be given in the Proposed field.

Now I need to capture this proposed number and write the validation to use only this proposed number.

Hence I need to write this above logic somewhere in a Exit or a BADI, is there any place I can write my logic?

Thanks and Regards,

Kumar.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pls refer my earlier reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx