cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to File using EOIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where I need to send data from SAP to PI so I am using proxy to file scenario. Here i need to send huge amount of data.

In some blog i saw that proxy can handle only some maximum amount of data.(but not 100% sure how much size of data the proxy can handle)

So i decided to call the proxy multiple times by sending only some 'n' no. of records and kept the receiver file adapter in append mode.

The problem here is the data is not appending in the order in which i am sending from SAP. In sxmb_moni the messages were showing the QoS as 'EO'.

Is it possible to change the QoS to EOIO?

Thanks & Regards

Stephen Rouvier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Ref: /people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/65/40c9a4a1fa476288ac61b5fcc6bbde/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareen. The link which you sent solve my problem.

Rewarded points!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

From SAP documentation:

"The sender of a message uses the attribute Quality of Service (QoS) to determine how a message is delivered"

hence ..as the File adapter supports all Qos, the Proxy can be called with Qos EOIO and the adapter will maintain the Qos as requested.

You should how ever try and send the data in a bulk and see how the Proxy handle it.

What is the nature of the data exported and for what purpose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use EOIO for file adapter (but this qos not mean what you said....).

In addition to Exactly Once, messages with the same queue names (supplied by the application) are assigned in the same sequence that they were sent from the sender system. Message processing is asynchronous in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Can you please try by checking the check box maintain order at run time in interface determination . I think that will work

Regards

sandeep