cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 Bit Solution Manager 4 ABAP migration to 64 Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a Solution Manager 4 non-unicode instance that is running an ABAP stack only, running on MS Windows 2003 32 bit and Oracle 10, this is because we upgraded from Solution Manager 3.2 and the server was never powerful enough to host a Java stack.

Now i want migrating this Solution Manager 4 to a Windows 2008 64 bit environment - Unicode system, I have downloaded the Installation Master for Solution Manager 4 SR4 (51033517) and have install the oracle database in target system.

In source system i run SAPinst to export database:

Software life-cycle Options --> System Copy > Source System export> Central System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Database and central instance and in result my export directorie have ABAP system database

After this I run SAPINST to install the target system and chose option :

Software life-cycle Options --> System Copy --> Target System Installation --> Central System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Central System

I chose option "Standart System copy/Migration"and the tool ask for ABAP export (no problem) and Java export (BIG problem).

Then i need Java export !!!! How i resolve this situation without installing Java Add-in in source system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i discover a solution:

1. The export database are made with Master CD Netweaver and not Master CD SM

2. The import database are made with Master CD Netweaver too

3. After that I run the option "Java Add-in" that is avaliable in Master CD SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can u pls suggest me a documentation for migration the solman 4.0 from win 32bit+oracle 10g to win 64bit with msssql 2008

thx

chris