Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect Issues

former_member1208059
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Experts,

Our connection from mobile using windows ce are working fine but after less than one minute of inactivity, it disconects.

We are using Mochsoft telnet soft in our data coletors and SLNet aplication on the server for connect to SAP.

Is there something that we can do to avoid this problem which is impacting our business unit?

kind regards

Oliver F

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you test by opening a telnet session without launching SAPConsole? You can create a logon script that will leave the session sitting at a command prompt or maybe in a text editor. Just leave the session alone to see if it times out. If it does time out then the issue is from the Telnet Server back. Next check the Telnet Server timers. Next check for any inactivity timer on the telnet client. Next check the power save settings on the device. Georgia SoftWorks ([http://www.georgiasoftworks.com/]) has the inactivity timer disabled by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know the product by itself, but it seems this is done by a security setting of your device.

Can you please check if this happens as well if you simply start a browser and open a webpage - then it should close connection as well after a minute if I am right.

I fthis is the cse:

check the settings of your connector- most of them shut down connections in case of silnce to safe money.

Hope it helps to get at least an idea.....

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check timeout settings on your mobile device thats probably where it is to save battery power. Also in SLnet console there is a timeout setting if 0 it should not timeout there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having issue trying to use SLnet 2.6 timeout set it to 120 minutes and seemed to work but now sometimes it 60 minutes sometimes 120 on telnet timeouts from Windows pc's using Windows telnet to SAP Console, not using windows telnet and network admin can't find any network timeouts setup. Before we had 0 for SLnet timeout and there was 60 minute timeout? Maybe we need to check registry on SAP Console for SLnet. Also saw issue on certain SAP console, SLnet, SAP GUI versions combinations timeouts happening issue like SLnet 4.2 version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your server SAP console probably where SLnet is running look at windows administrative tools, event viewer, application log when disconnects are happening for error messages. Also is it low wireless signal strength at the mobile devices location I've seen that cause disconnects. May need to add work processes to SAP application server if none are available for logon.