Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redetermine agents when Replacing approver

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on Application controlled workflow. I used BAdI -BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI to get list of approvers. My requirement is, if user selects any one of the approver and clicks on Replace Approver button, then all the below level approver needs to be redetermined based on the replaced approver.

Ex: BAdI determines 4 approvers- User A, B, C, D (based on org. structure). Now if i select User B and replace with User E, then Users C & D needs to be redetermined based on the new User E.

Please provide your inputs.

I saw every time, after giving a new approver id and clicking on Ok button (in Replace Approver), BAdI - BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI is getting called, but no change in importing parameters. I am not able to identify how to proceed

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When Ad-Hoc approver added for a SC the Badi import parameter will not pass any value..because the ad-hoc approver will be insert to workflow container in different value..

but you can find the technical details from FM BBP_PDH_WFL_APPROVER_DB_UPDATE.. try out..

Saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Saravanan. This FM-FM BBP_PDH_WFL_APPROVER_DB_UPDATE gets called, if i order the SC and then BAdI gets called. As per my client, they need to see the new approvers based on the replaced approver before ordering the SC.

Is there any other way to get the new replaced approver data, if i replace the approver. Please provide your inputs.

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Worflow instance and other details will be only gerenarated after the BADI calls while you ordering the SC.. so you have to do some kind login in your badi.. try FM's WAPI and see.. I don't have SRM 5.0 access to see more details..

Saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I solved the requirement as below.

1. created Implicit enhnacement in FM- BBP_WFL_DIN_APPR_BY_RULE_GET where the table parameter- IT_APPROVAL_AGENTS is having replaced and original approver and exporting to memory

2. Then the BAdI is getting called inside this FM and importing the data from memory and comparing any user changed and doing my logic

One more question- In general SRM, what is the difference between Forward and Replace?

Thanks

Vinoth

Edited by: S Vinoth on Apr 11, 2011 7:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice.. Sorry I don't have SRM 5.0 access to find the solution for your issue..

Forward and Replace?

Forward : - SRM Admin or the Approver forward the workitem to somebody else.

Replace : - In SRM 5.0 Requester is having an option to replace the system proposed approval..when requester change the system proposed approver A to B is called Replace.

Saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Saravanan. FYI, i am into SRM 7.0. The reason for using ACW is, as per client, they will replace the system determined approvers but PCW is not allowing this. Moreover my webdynpro consultant told, it will take lot of time to enhance the std, webdynpro component and he is not sure about acheiving this. Hence going with ACW framework.

Also do you have any answer to my below post.

Thanks a lot. I am closing this one

Vinoth

Edited by: S Vinoth on Apr 12, 2011 4:07 PM