Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in EHP1 Portal Installation

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a weird error while install EHP1 Portal system. When it comes to phase Install Software units, it always fail with the same error. System details are below:

System: Netweaver Portal EHP1 System (Usage Type: As Java, EP, EP Core and DI)

Database: DB2 9.7 FP 3

JDK: 1.4.2

Please check below error log:

sapinst_dev.log:

ERROR 2011-03-16 14:30:02.174 [iaxxejsbas.cpp:204]

FJS-00003 uncaught exception: nw.sdm.deploymentErrorWithLog:

SDM deployment failed for at least one of the components to be deployed. SOLUTION: Check /usr/sap/trans/instlogdir/sapinst_instdir/NW701/AS-JAVA/DB6/CENTRAL/

/callSdmViaSapinst.log for more information. (in script unknown, line 0: ???)

TRACE 2011-03-16 14:30:02.790 [syuxctask.cpp:1382]

CSyTaskImpl::start(bool)

A child process has been started. Pid = 2832

TRACE 2011-03-16 14:30:02.914 [syuxctask.cpp:1382]

CSyTaskImpl::start(bool)

A child process has been started. Pid = 2833

ERROR 2011-03-16 14:30:05.434 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:950]

FCO-00011 The step enableUsageTypes with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Enablement|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|enableUsageTypes was

executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :uncaught exception: nw.sdm.deploymentErrorWithLog:

SDM deployment failed for at least one of the components to be deployed. SOLUTION: Check /usr/sap/trans/instlogdir/sapinst_instdir/NW701/AS-JAVA/DB6/CENTRAL/

/callSdmViaSapinst.log for more information. (in script unknown, line 0: ???)).

callSdmViaSapinst.log:

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [a2zportalprd] with user name: [Administrator]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. Root exception is co

m.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContextExt.<init>(RemoteLoginContextExt.java:34)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.LoginHelper.clientSideLogin(LoginHelper.java:81)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:355)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:675)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:257)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:233)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:209)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.checkCredentials(DeployManagerImpl.java:2983)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthMethodInvoker.invokeCheckCredentialsInternal(DeployManagerAuthMethodInvoker.java:51

)

System is running and I am able to login with administrator user id. There is only single server node and there is no error related to expiration time. SDM is also running. Secure store is also correct. Still I am facing same problem. I checked on SDN as well and found many reference of the same problem but none of them resolved my problem.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue was coming because in /etc/hosts file, hostname was assigned to local IP(127.0.0.1) and real ip of the system. As a result dispatcher was trying to listen on 2 ports, one on local ip and other on real ip. After assigning hostname to real ip and removing hostname from local ip(127.0.0.1) issue got resolved.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Check note 1313644 and 609603. Hope it helps.. The 1st link seems to have the same issue.

Also Refer:

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very rare but,

Did you tried Bind host in Visual Admin.

Dispatcher -> Services -> P4 Provider -> bindHost --> real ip address.

Retry the deployment after setting up this.

Regards

SM.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Visual Admin is also failing with same error. But its really surprising for me that I have tried to re-install 2-3 times but it always stuck on the same error. I also raised it to SAP but SAP is saying problem with dispatcher is listening on multiple ip of same host but my host had single IP. Not really sure why it is happening.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a nslookup on this host

nslookup hostname

should reveal the dns names and in linux set the dns values.

Also try to edit the bindhost using Configtool which only connects to DB.

cluster-data ->instance_ID<Num> -> dispatcher_ID<Num> -> services -> p4

But you have to restart the instance for this value to be in effect.

Regards

SM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the server process running? Just check the J2ee engine mode is this in safe mode. Some time while installing few patches engine is set to safe mode and this problem might occur. I know you are not applying any patches but installing s/w is the same thing. If this is safe mode the change it to online using config tool.

Regards,

Vamshi.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

System is running and system is not in safe mode. As installation is not completed so system will not come in safe mode.

Thanks

Sunny