cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with posting periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having a problem in client 000 of IDES that, it is throwing the error message at MB1C as, " posting possible only in periods 03/2011 & 02/2011". But the system date is 03/2011 itself as it is march 2011.

What to do? Kindly help & assist.

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check what is the fiscal year varint k4 or v3 if it is v3 then change the period into year -2010-12 in omsy

coz the posting differs fisical yr to fi yr

check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Please check for the period in MMRV.There may be change in Month.Goto Tcode MMPV and do the following :

Company Code : XXX(ur Company Code)

Period : 03

FIscal Year : 2011

Then press execute.

Hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please confirm that what fiscal year variant you have assigned to your plant.

Coz further things depend on that.

Ramchandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned a configured fiscal year variant specific for the company only for e.g. xyz, i.e. for the company xyz, I have assigned a variant named xyz. Means I have created a new variant & assigned that variant to the company code.

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Could you please tell me the starting month of your configured Fiscal year variant? so i can give you the suggestion.

Ramchandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The starting period of my newly created fiscal year variant 'xyz' was january 2011; as the sequence follow with 1 to 12 & then 13 to 16 (for the allowed back postings) with the year being 2011.

And one very most essential & important note is this that the error which the system is throwing on the status bar is the error number M7 5xx [where xx is actually a two digit number may be 54 or 78 in between 44 & 88 (I am sorry I will check it & will again confirm it back) in inventory maintenance under materials management ( the trx. code is OMCQ) where I tried to make the error message as a warning message but was futile in my attempt because, the location for this particular message of category M7 is not there at OMCQ.

Kindly help & assist.

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing u do go in MB1C enter document date 3/2002 in this same month & yr.take any date and posting date 2/2002 in this same month & yr.take any date......

then Late me know..

Regards,

Amit patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assuming that your period is 2011 05 or more in OMSY.

Assuming wrong period in OMSY for your Company Code, suggest to follow the process below:

Go to Transaction OX18, delete the Company Code <--> Plant assignment.

Then Go to Transaction OMSY and give period : 2011 03 save it.

Again Go to Transaction OX18 and give Company Code <--> Plant Assignment (what you have deleted earlier).

Then Go to Transaction OMWD and check valuation grouping code for your valuation area & company code (it has to be 0001).

After this try to do posting.

Note: You can try this process only on IDES. (Demo System). you cannot do this on any live system.

Ramchandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MMRV check the current period,If it is back date then close the period month wise in MMPV.Your current period should be 03.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have open periods, please check current opening period in t.code OMSY, against your company code, it may be 03/2002,

you need to close 03 2002 in t.code MMPV, next 04 2002 till 03/2011 next try to post goods via MB1C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the MM and FI posting periods.