Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party synchronous interface to SAP

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where system A (third party app) needs to send a "show me prices" query to SAP and this needs to be synchronous.

Can anyone tell me if there is a walkthrough for this scenario I can look at?

I believe I need an integration process in the mix but need to see how this all hangs together.

3rd party interface -> Integration process [IP]

IP to sap (sync)

SAP to IP response (sync)

IP to 3rd party

Cheers,

Ross

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I have a scenario where system A (third party app) needs to send a "show me prices" query to SAP and this needs to be synchronous. Can anyone tell me if there is a walkthrough for this scenario I can look at?

Avoid BPM (if sender can consume your webservice) .

You can try SOAP(sender) <->PI <-> PROXY (synchronous.)

SOAP Link

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/technology/sap/113/

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

System A is sending their request in as SOAP over HTTP. A previous consultant has set this up as a sync message SOAP to PI to SAP but there is no response leg coming from SAP even though the interface is defined as synchronous! Which is why I am wondering about using BPM/IP.

Is there a walkthrough on setting this up WITHOUT using BPM somewhere?

Ross

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

The current scenario is SOAP <->PI<-> ABAP PROXY but the PI <-> ABAP proxy is only working in the one direction, that is IN to SAP.

Ross

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> A previous consultant has set this up as a sync message SOAP to PI to SAP but there is no response leg coming from SAP even though the interface is defined as synchronous

Modify the interface from synchronous to Asynchronous and dont need BPM

Make changes

a) In SOAP Sender adapter change Quality of Service from Best effort to Exactly once

b) outbound service interface and inbound service interface in ESR , make asynchronous

c) Mapping only for request.

d) Rest all same.

e)recreate WSDL.

The previous given link will be helpful to know about SOAP adapter.

Check this link too.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope that helps.

In addition to above suggestion, A recent blog about handling synchronous to asynchronous without BPM.is below. This might give some idea for your SAP side...(no response)

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2011/03/07/unleash-synchronous-scenarios

Edited by: Baskar Gopal on Mar 16, 2011 4:48 PM

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Baskar,

you have lost me completely as I need this communication to BE SYNCHRONOUS! That is I want the message from the 3rd party to wait for a response from SAP with PI in between.

Why would SAP create a response if the message through to SAP (the inbound service interface) is asynchronous?

God I hate PI! It is so user unfriendly.

Ross

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>you have lost me completely as I need this communication to BE SYNCHRONOUS! That is I want the message from the 3rd party to wait for a response from SAP with PI in between.

Sorry If I confused you... What I understand now is that SOAP sender sends the request to SAP (ECC) via PI. SAP sends the response back after sometime. Is that right? You are saying that response from the ECC is not immediate or synchronous. Then in that case, You might have to use Bpm.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ross,

first check with third party team like it supports web service call, if yes then use SOAP adapter to take request from third party system as a web service and use RFC/ABAP Porxy at ECC side.

SOAP>PI>BAPI(RFC)/ABAP proxy(Sync).

this process is very good design,avoid BPM.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rose,

This is totally dependent on the sender system and structure which you will be getting request in PI.

- Explain your sender system is JAVA based, Database, Or FTP, OR SAP, OR JMS based? I mean in which format you will get request into SAP PI ..SOAP or JMS or JDBC or FTP, ?

- And on SAP Side (Target system) in which format you want to send this .. IDOC, RFC, Proxy?

- What is the structure of the request which you are getting and whiat is the structure of the Receiver side ..

Depending upon anseres for above question you can decided what is the scenario and do you really need BPM or not?

Explain you scenario so that we will try give best solution.

Thanks,

Bhupesh

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Can anyone tell me if there is a walkthrough for this scenario I can look at?

Suppose, if you use BPM, then these steps will be required for achieving your scenario.

Receive Step - Receives the asynchronous message and starts the process.

Send Step u2013 Sends the received request message synchronously and receives corresponding response.

Send Step u2013 Send the received response message asynchronously.

Have a look at this link, it might be helpful to you.

[BPM_Steps|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/a-step-by-step-guide-to-bpm-asynch-sync-bridge/technology/sap/170/]

Regards,

P.Rajesh