cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Material Specfication in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have query pertianing to Material specfications.

My client has implemented QM using material specification. Now he has raised an issue that while carrying out result recording he

sees MIC which are not relevant for the plant he is carrying out the inspection.So is it possible that while I start processing the inspection lot the irrelevat MIC gets deleted.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as a side note on this, if you use material specs as your design, there theoretically should not be any plant specific mic in the spec. I.e. Every plant should be making the same material the same way, or at least be required to meet the same final spec. If you can't do that, then you have to use inspection plans.

I just want to make sure you aren't seeing these extra mic's because you have the same test set up in with different mics in different plants. You only need to set the mic's up in 1 plant. They can be shared across plants. I often set my mics up in a virtual or corporate plant just for this reason.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because of simple reason that material specs are not created at plant level........

Now once Inspection lot is created & once material specs/task list attached to the Inspection lot ......its impossible to delete the irrelevant MIC/Char.

In such scenarios best way is to go for plant specific task list !!