cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add vendor to requirement in SOCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SRM 7.0 EhP1 with ECC 6.0 EhP4.

We have a scenario to procure local srm materials (in stand-alone mode) as well as backend materials in classic mode. The problem we are facing is - once the shopping cart has gone to the SOCO, as a purchaser we are unable to add a vendor to the SC requirement. The vendor and contract fields are disabled in sourcing cockpit. So we are unable to enter a vendor or select a vendor. "Propose Sources of Supply" does not show any local vendors (for local product SCs).

However, we are able to find the same vendors if we do a F4 in a shopping cart or PO.

Could someone please help with any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan Sadasivan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sada

nowadays they called 4 steps sourcing

1. select requisition

2. assign source of supply

ve suit

3.review draft

4. summary screen

hope you might be standing in the second step.

here BUYERS used to assign the vendor or do propose source of supply.

but in propose source of supply you must get a valid fixed vendors like LOCAL CONTRACT in ECS if you have suitable any ..

Even i dont recommend BUYERS to manually enter the contract from cockpit due to some poor front end validation.

Can you send me that screen i can look it up but you must have facility to eneter the vendor freely ( not like your non-editable in the supplier field) . If every BUYER GET THE SAME ISSUE you can report to sap.

Did you see new options are availble even BUYER can create a supplier from there rather searching ..

In this step, you see the selected items from the previous screen. You can select a supplier by choosing Propose Sources of Supply, or you can create a new supplier in the system and order from this supplier.

Note

If a contract already exists for a supplier, the system finds and displays it automatically.

The option Submit to Grouping allows you to automatically group the item with similar items into one purchase order. For example, if you have several new employees who need a laptop, the system combines all laptop shopping cart items into a single purchase order for one supplier.

You can also search for the lowest price (this is the default setting) and compare suppliers.

You can then create drafts of the following procurement documents:

i touched your thread since no one touched for long time . let us wait for others reply..

Muthu

You are correct . it must be editable those fields

if it is a catalog item and it should not be editable as per standard

Note 1396938 - SOCO- Supplier Number editable for catalog items

Symptom

In the second step of Sourcing Cockpit(SoCo), when user replaces the item in the Shopping Cart(SC) with an item from a catalog, using the "Replace item with Catalog item" option. The SC item gets replaced by the catalog item. But the field Supplier Number is editable. This is not correct. For catalog items, the Supplier Number should not be editable.