SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferral due dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to post a dunning notice considering the deferral due date (as the base) instead of considering the original due date when the payment is failed.

Example:

Item1 due date March, 10

Item1 Deferral due date March 15

When we run FPVA, the system normally picks March 10 as the base due date for dunning when the payment is failed, but the requirement now is to pick the deferral due date as the base due date (i.e March 15) for dunning.

Quick response will be appreciated...

Thanks and regards,

Shilpa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard behaviour of the system considers the due date as base , there is some room available in customizing for days in arrears or fix days after due date on which dunning should start .

If your deferral due date and original due date has the same gap i.e lets say 5 days then in customizing you can make the settings like 5 days is kept for the field no of days in arrears . Then system will pick the date for dunning to be due date + 5 days .

In case if there is no relationship between deferral due date and original due date i.e i may vary in no of days GAP then you will have to check for events .

Event 302 or 300 should serve the purpose , do consider the information about the support issues as mentioned in the above posts .

Cheers ,

Dewang

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sap standard will consider due date for Dunning once customer failed to clear the open item, you need to activate event for your requirement

Regards

surya pamarty

0 Kudos

Surya,

Could you please elaborate & specify the event that is to be activated...

Thanks,

Shilpa

0 Kudos

Be aware of the comment in the event:

'SAP Does not recommend replacing this module with a customer function module since in this case, SAP could not provide customer support for the dunning proposal run.'

If you activate collections management based on FICA you could easily achieve your requirement.

Best regards,

Cristobal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shilpa

try Event 302.

cheers

sri

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard behaviour of the system considers the due date as base , there is some room available in customizing for days in arrears or fix days after due date on which dunning should start .

If your deferral due date and original due date has the same gap i.e lets say 5 days then in customizing you can make the settings like 5 days is kept for the field no of days in arrears . Then system will pick the date for dunning to be due date + 5 days .

In case if there is no relationship between deferral due date and original due date i.e i may vary in no of days GAP then you will have to check for events .

Event 302 or 300 should serve the purpose , do consider the information about the support issues as mentioned in the above posts .

Cheers ,

Dewang

0 Kudos

Thanks @ Dewang & Cristobal...!!!!!!