cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the role of Packaging Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have around 4.5 yrs of experience in SAP FICO and a Certification in FICO. Have worked for 2 Full Implementation cycles and 1 partial Implementation Cycle, and 2 support projects as a FICO consultant. Now the project where I am working, its a support project for a global roll out. When Issues come which impact the Global Financial Template it is handled by the Level 3 team, while I am at L2 team, which looks after local changes. L 3 team has their own developement and quality clients.

After L3 makes any changes which has an impact on the Global Financial Template, the Packaging team moves in and checks the impact of the changes on the Global financial template, stacks the transport request in a sequence and hands them over to the Release Team which then moves it to the local testing client.

Now, this packaging team is being moved to India and I have been asked to lead this team. Now I am working as FICO Consultant.

If anyone has worked or seen a Packaging team working, please let me know whether it will be a Good move to accept this role. I am worried because, I fear I will forget FICO and there wont be much of impact analysis also to be done in this role and when under pressure all we will be doing is bundling transport request and handing it over to the release team.

It would be really nice of someone if someone can guide me through this critical phase.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debojit Da,

i think the role of packaging team is like the role of regression testing team, i think it is moreof testing side ,if u want to move to testingside u can take the role otherwise be in consultancy role

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

This is not exactly Regression Testing. IN this role I will need to analyze the transport requests, do an impact analysis and give a go no-go decision whenever any change is going to impact the global template.

Advice me please if it is a good idea to take up this assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think it is more of basis role what i feel ,rather than fico consultancy role, so it is upto your decision , if i am in your place,i would have not shown interest..

regards,

ram.

Answers (0)