cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I have been working in the software industry for the past 3.5 yrs. My background has pre-dominantly been programming and development.

But, now I am looking for a change in my field itself. On further enquiry i came up with the option of SAP-ABAP.

I have the following quesries, it would be really great if they could be answered,

1) Which are the good SAP training institutes in Mumbai-Pune region? the fees of the course, the faculty etc. It would be of a great help if somebody could give me their first hand experience.

2) How easy is it to find jobs for ABAP freshers in the job market? considering i'll be a fresher, beacuase I have no prior experience in SAP. How much remuneration can i expect?

3) Anything else i should know which would help me.

Thanks for your time!

Regards

Afshaa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afshaa,

To answer your third point or 3).

I would recommend visiting the SAP press and getting an ABAP book. The ABAP Objects book I bought in 2004 included a CD that contained a test SAP environment (R3 client but probably an ECC client now) as well as ABAP exercises and source code solutions.

http://www.sap-press.com/

If you feel that you need human interaction and a teacher then I would go to the SAP market place and find a training center and enroll in BC400.

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/erp/course.epx?context=[[|BC400|||63|G]]|

Please let me know if this is helpful for you.

Corey Monsma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afshaa,

You have a lot many training centres as an option like Genovate, Siemens, NIIT, and so on. These are authorized trainers. They have fixed fees for trainings there are basically of two types. One is E-learning which is a little cheaper but you shall have no trainer and will be learning by yourself. Whereas, the other option is ILT - Instructor Led Trainings/ classroom trainings. These have an experienced trainer who gives a very intensive training for one month's time.

Other than the above authorized trainers, you have a lotttt many unauthorized trainers which give training on various modules. As a fresher, it is not so hard to get a job as an ABAP Consultant. The freedom to relocate helps in some cases. Also, your previous experience in programming will back you up as a fresher as even in ABAP, the basic understanding of Logic and Database queries is essential. Me being a fresher too, i would suggest you to contact an experienced ABAPer in the market to comment upon the renumeration factor of such an investment like a complete ABAP training.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Esha.

former_member859629
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Afshaa

If you expect a real industries exposure do get trained from who is working in real industry in SAP. If any further guidance do contact +91-9379605446. All The Best.

TC

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afshaa it is most advisable that you touch base with SAP Education in India who will be able to provide you with details of the official SAP Education partners who have been mandated by SAP to provide training and our colleagues are reachable toll-free via 18002661662 within India or +91 8066843016.

0 Kudos

Your all questions have single answer.....

If you know any SAP guys easily move to SAP field. else try to join any developing companies.