cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exeption: CS, Job already in use. (WIS 10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BOXI 3.1 SP3 FP 3.4.

Whenever we tried to create a new report or refresh a report, Error Exeption: CS, Job already in use. (WIS 10901) pops up and refresh fails.

We restarted SIA to release all the pending jobs on BO server.

Could anybody know how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Sadiq.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

This usually is coming from an incorrect ODBC configuration, try:

1. Stop all the services from BO Central configuration Manager.

2. Open odbc.sbo file located at "Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc"

2. Go to parameter setting for "Generic ODBC datasource ".

3. Change the value of "Transactional Available" parameter to No.

4. Add this new parameter setting for "Generic ODBC datasource ": <Parameter Name="Autocommit">0</Parameter>

5. Save and close the file.

6. Start all the services from BO Central configuration Manager.

7. Go to BO Web Intelligence, create a new web document and execute.

or

http://knowledgemanager.e2train.com/questions/165/BusinessObjectsWIS10901ErrorMessage-ODBCConnection+Issue

All the Best,

Madhu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same issue on the rich client.

We are connected on Oracle with the Oracle client (not ODBC).

Is there any body who had the solution ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

I changed the parameters in .sbo file as you suggested.

Still I am getting the error.

Regards,

Sadiq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadik,

One possible cause of this error message is because Internet Explorer 7 has a default time out of 30 seconds compared with the Internet Explorer 6 time out of 60 seconds. For some queries, this is not enough time to refresh the entire query, since the client is connecting using an HTTP protocol to the server.

It is necessary to extend the time-out limit on Internet Explorer 7. This can be done by adding a key to the registry.

(CAUTION! The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry. End users should NOT attempt this without first consulting with their Local Support Providers.)

To resolve the error message (if you are using IE 7)

1. Click Start > Run. The Run dialog box appears.

2. Type u201Cregeditu201D in the Open: text box. Click OK. The Registry Editor appears.

3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.

4. Add a ReceiveTimeout DWORD value with a data value of (<number of seconds>)1000. For example, if the required time out duration is eight minutes, set the ReceiveTimeout data value to 480000 (<480>1000).

5. Exit the Registry Editor.

6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sand,

I made the changes in the registry as you suggested.

Still getting the error.

Regards,

Sadiq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Database Error text is : (CS) "Job already in use". (WIS 10901 )

when I am trying to refresh report which is saved on my desktop with WebI Rich Client tool.

Pleas help on this.

Thanks,

--Ramesh

former_member976128
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Apart from the location of Business Objects, this worked as stated for BOXI XI 3.1 Web Intelligence XI Version 12.5.0 Rich Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I too experience similar error only when I refresh the report on WRC in 3 tire mode on Proxy server deployment.

If I refresh the same report launching WRC using direct url (tomcat), I am able to refresh the report without any issues.

I tried increasing the timeout setting in httpd.conf file in Apache HTTP server to 12000=20minutes, still I face the same error.

Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance,

Sridhar Venkatappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue.

Deski in 3-tier mode gave "Error During SQL Execution: (DA0003) - CS, Job already in use" Similarly Webi gave "The database error text is: (CS) "Job already in use" (WIS 10901)"

Resolution:
Find file wstk_bridge.xml in the following folder:
<Install Dir>\Tomcat7\webapps\AnalyticalReporting\WEB-INF\classes

Insert the highlighted text and save the xml file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<bridge name="HTTPRepositoryJob">
           <impl type="java" class="com.businessobjects.connectionserver.http.bridge.RepositoryJobImpl" />
           <impl type="COM"  class="BusinessObjects.CSBridge.HttpRepositoryJob.1" />
           <async_methods>
           <async_method name="Call" enable="yes" />
           </async_methods>   
                                                </bridge>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fixed my issue!!!

K. Narkunan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Is there a solution for the error below ?

"Job already in use". (WIS 10901 )

I use the Rich Client.

Thank you in advance,

Andrea