cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 company codes,8 Plants,50 Slocs,19 Sales depots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please help us to design the orgn structure of our client.

1. Our client is having 3 company codes. One has 6 plants and the second one and third company code has one plant each. Total 8 Plants. Storage locations 50.

2. 19 Depots carrying sales activities and maintaining the safety (or) Minimum level stock which is 5 days stock of the each product. Need to track stocks at Depot level.

3. Each plant has separate finished goods storage location and will distribute the finished goods to all 19 sales depots.

Pain Area:

Whether all the 19 depots treat as storage locations and assign all the 19 storage locations to all the 8 plants.

They are having reorder point as 5 days (Replenishment) at depot level and every month first day they are considering the total stock and they are running MRP for production.

How to take care of the reorder levels?

Is it feasible?

The good number of points will be given for the best suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Whether all the 19 depots treat as storage locations and assign all the 19 storage locations to all the 8 plants

I did not get this question. I presume the 19 depots are best modeled as locations. What could it mean by being "assinging stoarge location". The 8 manufacturing plants have their storage locations or sub locations as they are known in APO and the 19 depots should have their own storage locations.

Now if all 19 depots and 8 plants are a single MRP area, I wonder how are supply relation ships modeled.

For running MRP I would assume each mfg plant or all 8 of them (if they are physically close by) be one MRP area and let the depots be plants. MRP can then propose where to replenish from considering all that you stated.. stocks, re-order point and such.

Hope your question was as simple as this.

Regards,

Lok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We decided to create one Distribution plant under each company code and all the depots we are converting to Slocs in turn again will be assigning to Distribution plant.

Thanks for all your inputs. I am closing the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (0)