cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong reference number/allocation number picking at Billing Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing problem in return process. As per scenario, I have created Return order w.r.t. Billing document and then return delivery and at last return bill doc. but at the time of return bill creation, my system is picking wrong Ref and Allocation number at header level i.e. its picking the old bill no.

I need the current bill number for both allocation no and reference no. I have tried the same through VTFL but still its not picking the newly created bill rather picking the old one.

Please give your expert comments.

With Best Regards,

Bharat B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
at last return bill doc

Assuming that this is a credit memo, have you checked in VTFA for your return order type to credit memo type ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

Thanks for your quick reply. no its not credit memo..its return process...actually we have take return stock in our unrestricted stock and the return invoice w.r.t. return delivery..

please suggest me solution for the same.

thanks in advance..

regards,

bharat

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again I can tell you that there is no concept called return billing. Either it should have been credit note or invoice cancellation. Let me know what exactly you were trying to do. Through which TCode, you were trying to create the return billing which is suppose to have been a credit note, if the goods had been delivered to customer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

Scenario is like this..

Step 1. We have created sales order for 100 PCs(Say all of Black color)

Step 2. Delivery for 100 PCs

Step 3. Invoice for 100 PCs

NOTE: This customer is valuable for our company.

Now, they want to return 10 PCs out of 100 Pcs.

In our company point of view, because the 10 PCs does not have any defect therefore we want to take the stock in our unrestricted stock and raise credit note for the customer.

Therefore,

Step 4.I have created Return order for 10 PCs' with reference to Invoice created at step 3.

Step 5. return delivery for 10 PCs

Step 6. Credit Memo for 10 PCs

Now at the time of Credit Memo Creation(At Step 6.), I am not getting the current bill number at header level in Accounting Data in Reference and Assignment Field although I am getting the Previous Bill Number i.e. ( which I have created in Step 3)

I think, now i have explained every thing...please suggest me the solution so that i can use current Bill number at header level in Accounting Data in Reference and Assignment fields.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharat B

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with my first suggestion given above ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- please spell the name correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry G. Lakshmipathi sir..

please read my second post and kindly suggest me more inputs over the same issue...

thanks in advance..

with best regards,

bharat b