cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i m doing one file to MSAccess scenerio where i m using JDBC adapter at the reciever adapter. Integration builder part is completed. Now when I m going to adapter monitoring for checking the adapters, File adapters is showing Green but JDBC adapter is showing RED.

It is throwing an error

"Initialization error: Loading jdbc driver 'jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver' failed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"

Also it is telling that "No deployed JDBC Drivers found", so what I neeeds to do for drivers.

Plz help in this.

Reg,

nishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you deploy the JDBC driver for MSACCESS....

Check this thread will help you..

sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

Please go through these steps: (Assuming you are working on Windows)

1) An ODBC driver for your database must be installed on the Windows computer running the application server.

Check if there's an ODBC driver for MS Acess on the application Server.

2) To connect through an ODBC driver, you must install the Sun JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver on the Windows computer running the application server. The driver comes with the Sun Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, for Windows.

In the case of Microsoft Access and the ODBC bridge, it would take the form:

3)Define a DSN on the Windows system hosting your application server.

4)These parameters you need to give while configuring the JDBC receiver adapter channel:

Driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:<NAME>

where <NAME> is the name that you gave the data source when you set it up.

or

JDBC Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ= Full Path of DB file;

eg of full path:D:USERSOPSOPS.mdb

Also go through these links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/4f34c587f05048adee640f4c346417/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu

Please refer to blog

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Regards

Mitesh