Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inspection lot created even though existing lots were accepted

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We hava a situation where new inspection lots are created for same material/batch even though ealier lots were accepted from QA11.

The Lot Summary control in material master inspection setup is set to 2-material/batch/Sloc.

In this case if previous lot is accepted and its the same material/batch/sloc combination in GR, then no new lot should be created.

But for some instances, new lots were generated.

I cannot replicate the situation in development environment at all.

Can anyone suggest when new lots can be created under this situation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check followings

The lot summary does not take place, and new inspection lots are created when:

The batch is changed for materials subject to batch management,

Goods receipts are posted to different plants or storage locations,

A previously created inspection lot has already been completely credited from the stock,

Different special stocks are being posted,

A previously created inspection lot has been canceled.

The lot summary is not supported in the following instances:

The inspection lot manages serial numbers.

The inspection lot manages handling units.

The special case "Inspection lot for early inspection", does support the lot summary.

For inspection lot origin 01: There is a status profile in the quality information record, which has not yet been run completely

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Sujit

Your "lot summary does not take place" bock, point 3 might be the only one that applies in this situation.

But I am am just not able to recreate the scenario in development.

The only way I got force system to create new lots even though inspection type 01 is used and all details are same, was by posting lot quantity to unrestricted but not set the UD indicator.

But I know that's not what happened.

@Anand

Standard SAP behaviour is that if inspection type 01 is used, and inspection lots are created and accepted, then no new lot should be created for same material/batch/sloc combination, with a few notable exceptions.

I am not sure what DMR is - will need to look that up.

For each MIGO line item lot creation, we can change lot summary to "Material Document Line item" in inspection type of material master. Thats what client wants now and is being done.

Closing the thread for now as I need to test in depth and thats something for when I have time

Thanks both for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

What you are experiencing is the standard behavior of SAP. In fact lot summary control in material master ensures that inspection lot should be created. It has nothing to do with whether earlier lot has been accepted or rejected.

I assume your requirement is if previous lot has been accepted then next lot should not be created.

You can achieve this effect with dynamic modification rule. Lots will be created per line item of MIGO, the only distinction would be, these lots will be in SKIP mode. Explore DMR in details for this.

Anand Rao