Did you mean: 

App won't install with the prerequisite SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

On installing with the following prerequisite checked:

SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0

.. received this error:

Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi

has changed since it was initially published.

-

Should I NOT use the prerequisite, and instead, use a merge module?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download [SP 1 for CRVS2010|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/support?rid=/webcontent/uuid/d01fdad8-44e5-2d10-61ad-9d2d4158f3a8] [original link is broken];. I believe the issue is resolved there.

And since you ask, the MSM or MSI files are a good alternative.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran a program with the exact same name, 2 weeks ago, on my VS 2010 Dev machine:

CRforVS_13_0.exe. (284 Meg)

Today, I followed your link, and downloaded the file with the same name, but different size: (1.5 Meg). I mean, a really major difference in size!

Because creating and testing installation packages is very time consuming, I want to verify what you have stated so that I completely understand before I change what currently works, which is for the client machine to separately install the CR runtime, to what you're proposing in including a prerequisite to my install package.

-> I should run this latest exe. It will add a prerequisite to the prerequisite list in Visual Studio 2010. The installation of this prerequisite will work, as the earlier one did not. And it will work for both 32- and 64-bit client machines.

Therefore, I can eliminate the need for the client machine to install the CR run time separately.

Please confirm, and then I will make the necessary changes, and do the install tests on client machines.

(Also, FYI the merge module did not work for me on a 32-bit client machine. So I removed it.)

Thanks, Peg

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that should now work with SP 1

Please note that I have not tested this my self - just going by feedback from R&D

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I re-installed CR for VS 2010 using the SP 1, on my dev machine. Then I checked the SAP Crystal Reports as a prerequisite, and rebuilt my setup package.

On client machine, installed using the new package. When run a crystal report, it says it cannot find CrystalDecisions.Shared.

So Crystal Reports _13 SP 1 installation on Dev machine, did not fix the issue. The app runs, but a report does not.

Thanks, Peg

Edited by: pfutrell on Mar 22, 2011 10:37 PM

Edited by: pfutrell on Mar 22, 2011 10:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peg,

This happened to me a year or so ago.  Make sure your reference to WebGrease.dll is fully resolved.

Answers (0)