Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We have a SOAP --> IDOC escenario.

The problem is that the message received in SOAP Adapter sometimes is huge so I have to create loads of idocs. In this situation I have a problem when idocs are sent to SAP Backend System because of an overlflow in lock table (The idocs remains in PI in tx SM58 with error status) so I'd like to pack the idocs and sent them little by little to SAP Backend System to avoid this overflow.

For instance if a create a 30MB package with N idocs I'd like to send them to SAP Backend in smaller packages in serveral times instead in once.

I've seen blogs to collect a group of idocs to send in one packege but not this.

Could I achive this? How?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

There is more than one solution neverthless it will be more productive and appropriate to increase the size of lock table which u can check in TX SM12 and clicking EXTRAS--> Diagnosis.This can be done by BASIS and the other solution is Calling 680839558.LOLZZZZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

MUDASSIR!!!

Thank u so much!!! That's the point my friend!!!

You're my god... <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Thank u so much much...

I debt u one...

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Apr 17, 2011 4:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO WAY , you are being modest everything or whatever i learned is from you and michals book on idocs helped a lot n offcourse FEDE <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Apr 17, 2011 4:13 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello, I actually want to post the same question, but my problem is I am trying to create 80000 IDOC's, which increasing the lock table wouldn't be feasible. Is there a way to achieve the same affect without having to increase the lock table to to large of a number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

What's your sender communication channel?

I think the best option would be to try to not to post 80000 idocs at one time. You could get smaller packages from your sender communication channel and in this way you could post the idocs in N times avoiding the overflow.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Check this link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38d5ecd3...

This link refers to File to IDOC packing scenario. This might help you.....

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody but that's not what I'm looking for.

The issue is:

After mapping I have a package that contains N idocs. Could I send this N idocs to ERP System in N smallerpackages avoiding in this way to make only one RFC call?

I know how to collect idocs without BPM to send to ERP with packing but not the inverse and I dont know if that could be done (Im working with 7.0. In 7.1 I know that it can be done).

Any idea?

If I had a File_to_Idoc scenario I wouldn't have this problem because I could manage the size of the package in the sender file adapter.....

Regards and thank you so much.

Edited by: Christian Abad Chico on Mar 16, 2011 5:04 PM

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Hareenkumar.

But this is a scenario to send idocs from SAP ERP to SAP PI and Im looking for the inverse scenario, I need to send idocs from PI to SAP BACKEND.

Thanks again.

Regards.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After looking your requirement

Anyway you are not having any problem in PI to process Bulk messages,but betetr to split the data at mapping lelvel,then use small udf to wait for 60 sec, i think your problem will solved.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Instead, I think to change the occurance of the IDOC and try to process. It would be a better solution.

Thanks,

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> In this situation I have a problem when idocs are sent to SAP Backend System because of an overlflow in lock table (The idocs remains in PI in tx SM58 with error status)

if I understand it correctly all you need is to disable immediate processing in WE20 in ERP receiver

and the idocs will flow very quickly to ERP - try this and let me know

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskarn thanks lot but that's no the point. I know how to send N idocs changing cardinality in idoc schema.

Michal I don't have process inmediatly in we20. I'm using transaction bd20 to process the idocs in a background job.

The problem is in lock table in erp system (sm12). If I send too many idocs in one rfc call to erp system the idocs remain in tx sm58 in PI with the error "Overflow in lock table". That's because the lock table in erp system is overflowed.

I know that with packing you can collect idocs in one bigger message but i dont know If i could split a huge message with a lot of idocs in smaller messages to make N RFC calls and avoid the overflow in lock table in erp system.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Regards,

Aravind

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your scenario is SOAP to IDOC. You can send entire huge SOAP message into multiple individual idocs without BPM.

Check below two links.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%20to%20Multiple%20IDOC%20Splitting%20without%20BPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change