cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process multiple documents in zip file without using ccBPM in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible for PI to handle multiple documents within a zipped source file without the use of ccBPM?

For example, I have an incoming source zip file containing 0.pdf, a,xml, z.pdf respectively, After having the sender communication channel uncompress the zip file, each pdf file should be pushed to a directory on a file server, and the xml file should go through a message mapping.

Is this possible to process all of the files without the use of ccBPM?

Regards,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your response. The example I provided is just one potential case. In general, the zip file will always contain 1 xml file and 0-n PDFs, Word docs, or other types of documents. Also, the first file in the zip may not always be the xml file, which is what I was trying to portray by my example. Since I am not sure how many non-xml files will be included, I did not know if I could handle all of them directly, without ccBPM.

At this point, I am leaning towards using a script preprocessor to uncompress the zip, then for each file found, push the xml file to an NFS channel which will process/map the xml, and push every other file type to another NFS channel to copy these documents to a predetermined directory on a predetermined server.

What are your thoughts on this approach?

Thanks and Regards,

Jim

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is this possible to process all of the files without the use of ccBPM?

yes - you can send one message to 3 receivers and in each of them use a different payload of the message

there is no need for a BPM

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk