cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV View Configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I have created multiple views for an ALV component usage on my WD screen and have done so using a configuration data record (config-mode=config). This worked fine, until I decided to update one of the views by adding a few more of the columns. I tried adding the column from the left, to the right, and then hitting save. I was prompted to enter my package and request number, as expected. After doing so, the screen reflected the changes.

However, after hitting refresh, the changes are gone. It seems I am unable to update the view configuration. I was able to delete it and rebuild it the way I want, however, this is hardly ideal. Any one have any idea how I am supposed to be doing this? I would like to be able to open the app in config mode and edit the views as needed and save the changes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will close the thread if no one has any input. I feel the issue is fairly straight-forward, but if not please let me know and I will elaborate.

In summary, updating a configuration view for an ALV usage is not working. Changes to a view are only achievable by deleting said view and rebuilding it.