cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run a Java applet in a Windows CE handheld device?

fernando_lando
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Iu2019m fighting with this issue and wondering if any of you know the answer.

Is it possible to run a Java applet (signature capture in my case) in a handheld device with the following configuration?

- Windows CE 5.0

- Internet Explorer for Windows CE (maybe Pocket Internet Explorer? Not completely sure. My browser can print, and have no help, so I guess itu2019s IE for CE)

- NSICom CreMe 3.27a

- SAP MI Infrastructure 7.0 SP 16

- Custom JSP application for MI, implementing signature capture applet

The hardware: Motorola Symbol MC9090G (ARM), Motorola Symbol MC3090 (ARM) and PSION Teklogix WorkAbout Pro (ARM). All the Symbol micros are Intel PXA270 (Bulverde)

The applet is running fine in my desktop configuration (Win XP + Sun JVM 1.5 + MS IE 6/7/8) but when I try to run it in the HH I only get the red cross of the missing object.

LOGS: no logs!!

Some of the not MI technicians said u201Cis not possible to run Java applets in Pocket Internet Exploreru201D (I don't know if is true), u201Cyou should change the browseru201D, u201Cyou must change the JVMu201D (not an option here), and so onu2026 so here I am, asking to the people who knows.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration!

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fernando_lando
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver for your quick response.

Unfortunately it is pretty hard to implement a small MAM to check if the feature works fine in my scenario.

Finally, my developer changed the inheritance from class Applet to class Frame, and now we have a solution functionally acceptable. It's not embedded in the page as the original SAP solution, but it is working as expected.

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

if you have the ability to grab the old MAM30 implementations - get it and check it - and in my understanding it is possible to run it. If you run MI and a JSP app - then you should be able to run the sig cap as well.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver