Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM Mass role import Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please calrify my doubts regading the mass Role import

I have run the program /virsa/re_dnlroles and downlaoded the XL files to my folder , I did run with limitaion to the role based on country

so I have the following in the files

1) File location ( file contain roles with following ''AGR_DEFINE 010ZCDE_LOWH_CLERK MBIDER 20081216165322000000000000000STURN 20110315001534000000000000000'' )

2)Role Info File (contain roles ,where in I should assign the attributes defined in ERM)

3.Role Org File ( file is empty, I am presuming this is emty based on my download limitaiton)

so when I try iporting these files ,how can I align my first file (BULK download file) to headers below ? (I downlaoded the template that has the folloing headers (Name [ Alphanumeric(100) ] Description [ Alphanumeric(120) ] Business Process [ Alphanumeric(100) ] Subprocess [ Alphanumeric(100) ] Project/Release [ Alphanumeric(100) ] Functional Area [ Alphanumeric(100) ] Transaction [ Alphanumeric(50) ] )

2nd file is pretty clear that needs assigning the attributes

3rd file needs the org roles with necessary information

can some one guide me with the first file synchronization , as I am getting an error when i try to import the first file as it is

''bulk file error invalid file format'' , but since SP11 on XL sheets need importing but not txt files

we are using 5.3 ERM SP13.2

Thanks

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vandana_maini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please save the bulk download file in UTF-8 format. Rest all files will be in Excel Format as downloaded from the template. Then it'll work. It worked for me.

Regards,

Vandana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response to you both,

but the bulkfile ,does it need aligning per the headers ? or can I import the way i downloded it ?

I mean when i export the bulkfile template I have the following headers

(Name Alphanumeric(100) Description Alphanumeric(120) Business Process Alphanumeric(100) Subprocess Alphanumeric(100) Project/Release Alphanumeric(100) Functional Area Alphanumeric(100) Transaction Alphanumeric(50) )

should I align the downloaded file to the headers above ?

Thanks

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try saving the bulk load file as Unicode text..and the others can be of Excel 97-2003.it worked for me.

Thanks,

Srinu