cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No user exists with SNC name "p:AD\USERNAME_1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy,

We have a peculiar problem with a user accessing one of our R/3 systems via SNC.

In AD the user account was copied from USERNAME_1 to USERNAME_2. This has also been reflected in SAP(including the SNC Name). Since the AD change was done the user intermittently sees the following error message when logged onto windows as USERNAME_2 :

No user exists with SNC name "p:USERNAME_1" (USERNAME_1 no longer exists in AD or SAP)

The two questions I haven't been able to answer are :

1. How can the SAPGui still be trying to use USERNAME_1 to authenticate the user when they are logged onto windows as USERNAME_2?

2. How could this happen intermittently within the SAME windows session? (would not have believed this was happening if i did not see it with my own eyes!)

Cheers,

Kye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kye,

As far as I know you have to set the SNC name at:

SAPGui: System -> properties -> Network --> something like, p.e: p:SAPserviceSIDTEST.COM

The name the user has used when logging into windows must be typed exactly as it is given in SU01, SNC tab. Which in your case seems to be correct.

When you reproduce the issue, do you see any error in the dev_w* trace files?

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the user has a password pending in Windows (the AD), somtimes the SNC resolution does not work. If this is the case for the user, make him/her reset the password and reboot the PC.

Regards,

Patrick Persson

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kye,

And what is the SNC name in the SAPlogon --> properties --> Network tab ? Is it correctly maintained? That should correspond with the SNC name of the server.

Best regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes these are both consistent.

SNC Properties : p:CN=<SID>, O=<ORG>, C=UK

snc/identity/as : p:CN=<SID>, O=<ORG>, C=UK

This functionality is working perfectly for all other users. It is only the user whose Active Directory account was copied to a new AD account who is experiencing the issue.

Cheers,

Kye

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kye,

Have you corrected the SNC value of the user in transaction SU01?

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Désirée,

Yes the SNC Name field is definitely correct in SU01.

The issue seems to be how windows (or the SAPGui) is deriving the username to use for the SNC logon.

Thanks,

Kye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Maybe an idea about where to look on the Windows side? The SAP GUI seems to be picking up the wrong name from somewhere?