Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 upgrade on QAS

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently upgraded our development system to EHP4 from ECC6.0 SR3.I am now doing the same thing on QAS.

Please can you confirm if I can use the same stack(.XML) file which was generated for dev for the QAS.I doubt it as SIDs are different.

I am trying to generate a new stack file for the QAS in MOPZ but for the same stack version it is giving me 2 extra files and the level of attribute change packages for FINSERV,FINBASIS,FI-CA,FI-CAX ,SAP-APPL and EA-APPL are now different(with one level higher) are appearing . It is displaying the same as DEV for all the other components.

Please let me know why this is happening for the same product and stack version as I am a little worried about the stack level of the both the servers after the upgrade.

PS:Ours is a implementation project with the new landscape.So QAS did not exist when I ran MOPZ for DEV.

Regards,

Dinakar

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Mar 15, 2011 3:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can copy the XML file, rename it and search and replace its contents to change SID, system number and hostname. I did this many times before.

this is not supported by SAP.

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It also won't help for the situation you're in now, but we always pick all of the SIDs in our landscape (dev, qa, production, production support, sandboxes) of the same type (ERP, BI, etc.) when using MOPZ to build the stackfile. The stackfile will then be valid for all of the systems and the same updates will be done to all systems.

We learned that the hard way, since it took some time/effort to make sure we picked exactly the same components to update to EHP4 when we did it individually. This is especially bothersome with EHP4 since there are so many choices of updating a component to EHP4 vs keeping the 600 version.

Brian

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to compare the Stack level of your DEV and QAS system for each component first. Does any gap is there ?

Please can you confirm if I can use the same stack(.XML) file which was generated for dev for the QAS.I doubt it as SIDs are different.

You can change the SID and host name in that DEV's stack file to use the same for your QAS system. But its not the recommended way to perform EHP4 installation based on such stack file. If both systems are having single/multiple components at higher/lower level then it can create headache while/after installation.

Please let me know why this is happening for the same product and stack version as I am a little worried about the stack level of the both the servers after the upgrade.

Does your System landscape is having multiple SAP systems with same SID as QAS ?

I would delete QAS system from SMSY. Then will Send fresh System information from QAS system using RZ70 to SLD of Solution manager. After sending latest system information to SLD, re-execute SLD LANDSCAP FETCH job from SMSY_SETUP in your solution manager (wait for its successful completion ).

Also make sure that The QAS system is showing the exact stack level information as it is in QAS system. If its showing the correct information, create New SP stack XML file for QAS using MOPZ in Solution Manager.

Along with the above, I hope your solution manager is having higher patch level of ST component and the required MOPZ related SAP notes have been implemented.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bhavik,

Thanks for your response.

Actually there is no gap for the highest level of component. Ex. for FINBASIS ,dev and qas systems the highest level in MOPZ is shown as 7 patch for 604 release.but the attribute change package for 603 for dev system it showed 2 but for qas it is 4 for the same release.This is the same case with other components like FI-CA,FI-CAX,FINSERV,SAP-APPL and EA-APPL.

Please let me know if you have any idea about attribute change package and why it is showing different for QAS?

I am using the same solution manager system for both the systems and there is only one QAS system with our SID in SMSY.

Regards,

Dinakar

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bhavik,

Thanks for your response.

Actually there is no gap for the highest level of component. Ex. for FINBASIS ,dev and qas systems the highest level in MOPZ is shown as 7 patch for 604 release.but the attribute change package for 603 for dev system it showed 2 but for qas it is 4 for the same release.This is the same case with other components like FI-CA,FI-CAX,FINSERV,SAP-APPL and EA-APPL.

Please let me know if you have any idea about attribute change package and why it is showing different for QAS?

I am using the same solution manager system for both the systems and there is only one QAS system with our SID in SMSY.

Regards,

Dinakar

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if you have any idea about attribute change package

I would suggest you to refer SAP Note [1119856|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1119856] to get more detailed information about ACP.

and why it is showing different for QAS?

There is always only one ACP for each software component release. Refer SAP Note [1119856|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1119856]. If both DEV and QAS systems are on Same Support patch level (for all the components) it should generate the same Stack File with the required Patches/ACPs to reach target SP Stack level.

The QAS System is having assigned correct Product version (SAP ERP 6.0) in SMSY ?

I would recreate Stack File from first step as i have mentioned in last reply of this thread.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff