Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristics - No Vendor (non-subcontract) as Source of Supply in PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

Could some one help pl?

When the SNP heuristics run for the Raw Material it creates Purchase Requisition with no source of supply. Buf the the same data, when PPDS heuristics is executed the PR has a Vendor as the source of supply.

1. In /SAPAPO/RRP3 screen you could go into the PR and look at the list ofvalid source of supply for PPDS. Do you have any transaction to view Rank list, or list of source of supply that are SNP heuristic relevant?

2. Is there any setting in SNP I need to look at?

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Simulated the scenario with not assigning the Means of transport in Transportation lane.

In this case, SNP Heuristics is creating Purchse req without Source of Supply( Vendor). With the same set of condition if run PPDS heuristics System is creating Purchase Req with Vendor as Source of Supply.

Request you to check whether Means of Transport is assigned in Transportation lane.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nanda:

I do have a Means of transport for the vendor-plant-material. Did you try running the SNP heuristics with the means of transport in your system? The Source Category of the TL is 3 (InfoRecord).

I have an important question. Do I need to have the product extended to the Vendor in APO? I dont have it because I thought if PPDS does not need it so will SNP.

Pl. let me know

Thanks

Edited by: Narayanan Sangameswaran on Mar 16, 2011 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is the system Action if Source Cannot Be Found:

If there is neither a valid transportation lane (for procurement type F; external procurement) nor valid PPM/PDS (for procurement type E; in-house production), the system creates an SNP stock transfer or SNP planned order with no reference to a source of supply. The same applies if there is no product at the source location of the transportation lane.

Thanks,

nandha

Answers (0)