cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated error email notification when outbound IDOC fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is that whenever the outbound IDOC of message type PAYEXT, basic type PEXR2002, fails, then email has to be trigerred to a group id.

I had suggested to write a report program that runs as a job. If the IDOC goes to error status then mail will be sent from this report. Client prefers it to be done through workflow.

There is a standard process code for outbound IDOC failure handling EDIO (we40). standard task 7989 has been assigned to this process code. I dont want to modify this standard task as I am not sure of impact.

Terminating event for this task is 'ERRORPROCESSCOMPLETD'.

I have developed the workflow that has trigerring event 'ERRORPROCESSCOMPLETD' and bound with the IDOC number. This will send mail to the group id with the IDOC details

Now issue is that, I am not sure if standard process EDIO will be trigerred automatically, or should we configure anywhere. Since this is standard outbound IDOC, I am not able to add the process code in partner profile.

Please give your inputs or any other alternate solution to send mail through workflow when outbound IDOC fails.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirajgadre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess in your outbound partner profile for PAYEXT. you need to add process code EDIO in message control TAb. WHich will cause to trigger the workflow which will send the notification.