cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording and UD for serialized material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the scenario where Inspection lot is getting generated for serialized material (inspection type 01).for this system is creating this as an equipment in the background. I have two char for each equipment. In the result recording screen how to pass or fail the respective equipment individually if both the parameters does not fit or fit the requirement (how to capture the equipment number? which one is pass or fail) and while giving UD, I want to transfer few equipment in unrestricted stock and block stock but system does not give the option to select the serial number for the required posting. How to achieve this? Please let me know if anyone has worked on the similar scenario.

Thanks & Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you check the serial number profile.

1.Check which profile is used for serial number in material master's plant data 2 view.

2.Check the procedure 'QMSL' (maintain inspection lot) is assigned in profile at configuration.

SPRO > Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Technical Objects > Serial Number Management > Define Serial Number Profiles

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I have defined as per the requiremnt but still I am not able to post the qty to different stock type based on serial number. Please let me know what are the key check points for this execution?

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar

In serial number profile you should select integrated serial profile in STD sap 0001 .

in that profile Serializing procedures QMSL usage should be 3

During GR against PO enter the serial number.

At the time of insp lot creation. serial number will copied to lot as per the GR mat doc.

In inspection plan operation detail you need to enter in QM recording view as 11 recording by unit to be inspect.

now you can enter results based on serial number.

in your case serial number is same as equipment no.?

During UD enter qty in apropriate area like un rest , blocked , ect.

if you save the UD system will pop up screen with serial number.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

During UD I enter qty in apropriate area like un rest , blocked , ect.

and while saving the UD system pop up screen with serial number with different stock posting but as i select the serial number for unrestricted stock than for the next posting system does not show any selection scren to select the serial number say for posting block stock, but I am getting that screen for blocked qty transfer posting.

please let me know ig I am missing something.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kundan,

Unfortunately you need to do the posting in two times in such cases.

Meaning,

IF Q stock = 2 .and u expect serial number 1 to unrestricted and serial number 2 to Block stock

Then first post 1 qty to unrestricted. System pops with serial number window.

Now select serial number 2 and delete , as you want to post it to block stock.

Save the transaction.

Again go to QA 12 and Stock posting screen and do the stock posting to Block stock.

Regards,

Sadashiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

It works but any way to post the different serial number to different stock type on the same screen as you have the option to post in different stock type. Pls let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I do not think it is possible as system has to carry out two different movement types for different Stock types.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP standard there is no function to make pass or fail the serial (equipment) but you can make posting to different stock type for each serial.

SAP will ask the option (pop-up screen) to select the serial number if you divide quantity to several stock type.

(First check the 'post to quality insp. stock' indicator of inspection setup in material master QM view)

As I know, SAP does not have good report to see the results of each serial number.

You can try the transaction QGA4. But my recommendation is development for your requirement.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response. But SAP does not ask the option (pop-up screen) to select the serial number if we divide quantity to several stock type.

(First check the 'post to quality insp. stock' indicator of inspection setup in material master QM view- Checked this setting though I am not getting thatoption to select the serial number for different stock type.)

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Material master

-Select 'serial number possible' indicator for the inspection type '01'

2.Inspection characteristic

-Select 'single result' in control indicator

3.Sampling procedure

-Select '100% inspection' in sampling type

4.Result recording

-Result rows are seperated by count of serial

-Each serial number assigned automatically in inspection unit number column

-You can record the result for each serial number

5.Usage decision

-An inspection lot can have one UD only

-But you can post stock seperated for each serial number

For example, serial '1' to unrestricted and serial '2' to blocked

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response.

I am able to do the result recording of each serial number but pls let me know how to make pass or fail the equipment overall, I mean for every equipment I have two char out of which both are pass for the equipment and one of the char is failed for another equipment so equipment is fail. So where I can see the overall result of each equipment (Pass or Fail). Now as per the overall result of the equipment I want to post the qty based on serial number. In my case serial number is getting generated automatically but while posting the UD system is not asking the option to select the serial number as per the stock type posting.

please let me know what are settings are required in order to acheive this reqmnt.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the serial number possible indicator in the inspection setup of material master's QM view.

You can execute the results recording and usage decision for each serial number.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you pls explain this in detail?

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar