Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDOC creditor data to an external System

michael_swistowski
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario where I send the creditor data from SAP to non-SAP System.

For SAP System as a target I can use the TA BD14 to do this. This is working fine. But this is not my case, I need to send on non-SAP System.

So what is the right solution for sending to an external non-SAP System? With BD14 I can only send to logical system what for me is only SAP System (right?). My workaround solution is to maintain the external non-SAP System also as logical system und choose the port as Data-Port (data will be saved on file system). Is it the best solution or there are more better known?

Where can I obtain more knowledge on intergration of external non-SAP Systems? The documentation that I have covers in 95% the issue of SAP Systems. Intergration of non-SAP Systems (or sending data to non-SAP Systems) ist more difficult as I see.

Thank you in advance. Best regards.

Michael

Edited by: Michael Swistowski on Mar 15, 2011 12:52 PM

Edited by: Michael Swistowski on Mar 15, 2011 12:53 PM

Edited by: Michael Swistowski on Mar 15, 2011 12:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

michael_swistowski
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

The issue is that currently we dont have PI/XI Server but only ERP...However I will use your advice in case we already are in use of PI/XI...

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Check this link, scenario IDOC to file: http://saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/IDocToFile/IDocToFile1.htm

hope this gives you an idea to proceed....

Thanks,

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Integration between SAP and NON SAP. Use SAP Middleware PI for this. Do configuration between ECC and PI for passing idoc. There are plenty of document in sdn for this. Send IDOC to PI and from PI send the data as per the target system requirement. PI supports mulitple ways of sending/recieving data format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to send data to external system and if you have an middleware used in your landscape then

create logical system for that system and associate the port with RFC destination (based on middleware used type 3 ot type t) can be used and idoc can be sent to middleware and middleware can take care of sending the data to the external system by converting it into required format..

These are normal scenarios for which Middlewares are used for integration..

HTH

Rajesh