cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new version of disp+work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to apply a new HR patch (SAPKE470B5) which requires SAP Note 1497003. This itself requires a new version of disp+work. We are running SAP 4.7, Oracle 10g, Solaris 10.

The note says:

Please update your kernel at least to the patchlevel indicated in the SP Patch Level section of this note. 
Please note that the kernel patch package referenced in the SP Patch Level section is the "disp+work package". 

The level indicated in the note is SP353. The version on the Service Marketplace is now 368 (which I assume shoudl still work OK). I have downloaded this to our server

SAPCAR gives the following messages:

:/usr/sap/trans > SAPCAR -xvf dw_368-20000221.sar
SAPCAR: processing archive dw_368-20000221.sar (version 2.01)
x disp+work
SAPCAR: error in GetEntryData(); unknown block type (error 100). No such file or directory
:/usr/sap/trans >

:/usr/sap/trans > SAPCAR -tvsf dw_368-20000221.sar
SAPCAR: processing archive dw_368-20000221.sar (version 2.01)
-rwxrwxr-x    56733496    05 Mar 2011 04:18 disp+work
Bus Error(coredump)

I also tried the latest version fo SAPCAR (from the Service Markepplace) but this seems to be worse:

:/usr/sap/trans > SAPCAR -xvf dw_368-20000221.sar
Illegal Instruction(coredump)
:/usr/sap/trans > SAPCAR -tvsf dw_368-20000221.sar
Illegal Instruction(coredump)

I suspect I'm doing something wrong that's fairly simple. Can anyone offer any advice? (I haven't done this before so it's entirely possible that I've missed what should be an obvious step)

Thanks, Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John - you were right. User error - I was FTPing the files in ASCII mode. Obviously it needs to be binary.

Thanks for your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

John - Would you say this is definitely looks like a corrupt file? I've downloaded it again & it's identical to the file I used previously (diff reports no differences between the files) - I tried to run SAPCAR & it gave the same error.

Eric - I did try the most recent version of SAPCAR but this seemed to be even less successful (I have also given the output for that above in the initial posting).

If it is a corrupt file then of course I need to talk to SAP but I have already been in touch with them & I want to be sure that I have tried everything possible as it becomes quite difficult to get help from them when they believe it's down to user error or misunderstanding.

Thanks

Chris

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately, it appears that the archive is corrupt, this may be

due to an error in download or that it may not be downloaded fully.

I suggest you to download the file again from the service market place

and repeat the sapcar job.

regards,

John Feely

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would also use a more recent SAPCAR program.