cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to (mass) download documents from Solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to download all the technical specification and functional specification documents from solution manager for a specific project.

I would appreciate If anybody can give me a input to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

thebacons
Explorer
0 Kudos

In SOLMAN 7.2, there is another way to mass download documents from SOLAR02 or SOLAR01 is as follows:

1. enter transaction SOLAR01 (or SOLAR02) .

2. Navigate to the required project you which to mass-download documents.from

3. Navigate to the menu Business Blueprint/Find Documents

4. This brings up a selection window. Press execute.

5. You should then get a screen of all documents available

6. Select all documents by clicking on the 'select all ' icon at the top-left of the windows. All rows will then turn yellow.

6. Press the "Download/Display" icon

7. You then get an option to download or display. Press download.

9. a pop-up appears, so you can select the required download path. Enter the path but don't change the file name.

10. A pop-up will prompt you to allow downloading to your PC

11. Once all files a downloading the windows will become active again.

Using SOLAR_EVAL report 'Analysis/Configuration/Assignments/Documents and Links', you can retrieve information on the respective business process and scenarios these documents belong. I have an Excel VBA that copies the files to respective directories and another to upload to a SOLDOC branch in SOLMAN 7.2 if anyone is interested.

former_member821578
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Colin, we are using solman 7.2 and i do not see these options in your instructions above. We are on SP8. Is there another setting we need to make in order to have the 'select all' and 'download' buttons?

6. Select all documents by clicking on the 'select all ' icon at the top-left of the windows. All rows will then turn yellow.

6. Press the "Download/Display" icon

leslie_klinger
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Solar01 and Solar02 are obsolete tcodes - is there updated process for this download all option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following the process posted on the blog linked below from another user, I was able to download Solution Manager documents in mass to my PC from a project I specified using the Knowledge Workbench.

/people/markus.mueller8/blog/2011/04/01/solution-manager-document-management--using-sap-knowledge-workbench

Because of the naming convention my organization uses, we are able to pull documents by specific business processes.

Without a strict naming convention, the tool is not quite as useful but can still be utilized.

I also discovered after exporting to my machine, that documents created from templates within our system itself adopted the generic template names instead of their actual names from the repository.

The names were accurate in the knowledge workbench screen but were changed after exporting to my machine.

Documents not created from templates, but uploaded into the system adopted the proper names after being exported.

SAP Note (405481/2011) has been opened to hopefully address this for our system.

Hopefully others find this process as useful as we did.

Please feel free to let me know how it works for you!

-Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN Thats work for me.

Good luck.

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Today, there is NO MASS DOWNLOAD capability within Solution Manager. You can create a custom report and write some code to do that.

The MS Project download and SOLAR_EVAL reports will give you a list of documents, not a download of the documents itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is very simple, please goto SOLAR01-> menu Business Blueprint -->MSPROJECT download

and the other way gotoSOLAR_EVAL -> Transaction go to Analysis --> Project --> Business blueprint

and you can try this but here you have to make a selection,

also In solar01->Business BluePrint->Generate Business Brueprint document, make your selection in the scope tab.

this will download all the document for creationg Business Blueprint document downlaoded n your local pc.

chekc and proceed

Jansi