cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In External activity activity qty is maintain as a not mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

In my project i am using external activity ,when i was trying to release the external activity, system takes activity qty as a mandatory field ,i have not touched the fields status but it's shows as a mandatery.if i fill the qty and unit then system allows me to release the external activity but in the PR system it create one more line item with out having any material. As per client requirement activity qyt is not mandatory and with out material system is not creating the line item. Please suggest me.

Regards

R.B.Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear All ,

>

> In my project i am using external activity ,

> R.B.Rao

Please explain the purpose of external activity in your project so that we can look into other alternatives..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I am using external activity for procuring the material from external vendor , if any thing wrong please let me know.

Regards

R.B.Rao

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To generate PR while releasing, Qty in external activity is mandatory. If you need only material planning in project then go with internal activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

external processing activity is another type of service procurement where you can proceed without any specification/service master, If you want tocreate PR only with service switch on the "service" option on Ext.Processing activity don't use Ext. processing activity.

still you can stop creating PR upon releasing if you put "Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition" in to never, this is appearing on Procurement Param. tab of ext.Proc.activity

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

Sam L.