cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable drag drop of columns and also other personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

We already have lots of webdynpros running. suddenly we have hit a road-block.

Users can change the layout by making fields invisible, or they can drag-drop the table column and change ALV sequence.

i tried setting WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION to X in one of the applications. It does not drag-drop columns after that. But users can still hide the fields.

What's the simplest way to achieve it (to NOT allow users to change any layout whatsoever)? Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you have done it correctly to disable user personalization. But however the users can still customize the application as you already experiencing.

This is because the users are having customizing authorization. One you restrict that then they are not allowed to customize the application.

I do not know which authorization object is that, you need to find that out. Search on the SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthivel.

You said users have customizing authorization.

i searched, and found the following on SAP help:

Different authorization checks are made at various configuration or personalization levels:

● End User Personalization

No authorization check is made here.

● Administrator Personalization

Authorization check on S_WDR_P13N (see below).

● Configuration

Authorization check on S_DEVELOP (see below).

So it means that no authorization check is done for end user personalization. I remember we can disable end user personalization also via some means, but am not sure how to do it

Any other clues please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you sure that WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION did not do the needful?

I tried it in one of the applications with setting the value 'X', After that , I am not able to drag-n-drop columns and also hiding is not possible .(User Settings option is not there any more for me).

Thanks,

Aditya.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think aditya is correct.

only WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION set to X is enough for the applciation

it will disable the user setting option.

so user wont be able to do anything.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For end user authorization i think you should be able to control that with WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION.

For customization or administrator personalization first s_develop is checked. If this is not available then S_WDR_P13N.

So you should see if your user does have the one of the above authorization. If they do not have then it is not possible to do customization/Admin personalization.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos