cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC models in DTR only visible for own user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

some of our developers are using NWDI integration of Visual Composer 7.10.

Right now we are having some problems when more then one developer wants to work on a model.

In 7.10 the models of different users just can not been seen. In NWDS 7.2 they are shown.

Is there any solution/workaround in 7.10 to see the models of other users.

So long

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Can you please refine your query with more clarity.

Are trying to say that you have created Development (DC) of type "Visual Composer", and this DC you want to make available for multiple developers?

Please provide me the following details...

1) Have you created software component (SC) in SLD for your developments?

2) Have you created a Track in CMS with the same SC mentioned in above point 1?

Please remember that, when you are working with NWDI scenario, the changes that you make in your DC are always wrapped inside an activity, this activity will be in "Open State" initially when you "Check-In" the activity into DTR-Server the changes specific to that activity become available to other developers.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply,

yes, the developers have a track with 42 custom SCs. SOme of them are webdynpro, some are CAF, some J2EE and some have Visual Composer DCs in them.

I have configured the track with the SCs. Another admin configured the VC on one of the NW.7.10 runtime system to integrate into NWDI.

Now different users seem to work on this runtime system with VC. And it seems the are not able to see models from other users there. If the use the VC perspective in a NWDS 7.20 they can see the other users models. But 72.0 NWDS is not supposed to be used with VC 7.10 components as far as I know.

So long

Jan

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Yes, you are right, If your application server is of 7.10 version, then the same version of NWDS is required.

I am assuming that

Suppose you have you application server of 7.10 version on HostDev

then i am assuming that your NWDI is also installed in the same host.

you have configured the SLD URL pointing to the same HostDev

and you are importing the development configurations in your NWDS 7.10 version.

Please let me know that after importing the development configuration, the DC of type visual composer is not visible under VC perceptive only, or it is also not appearing under DI (Development Infrastructure) Perspective too?

Please clarify on the above questions.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya