cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain different versions of the same Idoc type in Integration repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a typical scenario where there is one global systems and multiple local sender system.The data is sent by the local system using the extended idoc segments 9900 for HRMD_A and fields which they have been using currently by them.

The problem is all local system have been using different fields names for having the custom fields for this HRMD_A extension.

I think we cannot import different idoc definition from multiple local sap systems into the same SWCV in IR to use as the source idoc structure.So,I plan to have all the fields that are being used in the local system to be maintained in the global system under the custom segment 9900 which is the same segment name being used by the local systems but with different fields.

Then this will act as the single source for my idoc structure which can be used as both source and target structure and mapping will be done which would be specific to the system that needs to be connected.

The custom segment fields will be mapped to standard segment or fields of the global target structure ,so the source and target will differ.

Request you to share your thoughts on the possibilities and best approach.

Thanks

-Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

as of my understanding you have different local SAP r/3 systems.. and they have different field names in there respected IDOCs and you want use them..

yes you can import multiple IDOCs from mutiple local system under single SWCV..to Do this you just follow the steps..

double click on SWCV in IR.

On Definition tab.. under Interface Import provide values to parameters for connection data for import from SAP system.. then import the IDOC by using Import objects.. then change the these values and provide connection values for different local SAP system then again import IDOC by using import objects.. likewise you can import IDOCs from different local SAP systems..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

Won't it overwrite if I import say HRMD_A.ZHRMD_A which has been named same in different systems , only the underlying custom segment has different field?

Thanks

-Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

yes you are right in this case it will overwrite.. and if you want use all of them with same name and want to use it under single SWCV then .. it is still possible..

steps:by using external definition

double click on SWCV in IR.

On Definition tab.. under Interface Import provide values to parameters for connection data for import from SAP system.. then import the IDOC by using Import objects.. the create WSDL of that IDOC and use it an external definition.

then change the these values and provide connection values for different local SAP system then again import IDOC by using import objects.. create anther WSDL and use it as an external definition..

likewise you can achieve your requirement..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Answers (0)