cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg "Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi techies,

This is in regard of error generated while testing my configuration in configuration window.

Till yesterday the senario is working for JDBC to JDBC.

It is giving this error.

"Root Cause: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Parsing an empty source. Root element expected! at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.xparser.MTSaxHandler.run(MTSaxHandler.java:157) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.xparser.XParser.run(XParser.java:73) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Root Cause: java.io.IOException: Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!"

My mapping and interface mapping is working fine when I tested them in Design window.

Please suggest me how to go.

Thanks In advance.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems like your mapping is failing. can you please check with the payload you sending? try testing mapping with actual payload XML.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Do as Aashish said. The issue is with the message mapping.. the target root element is expected.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hareen and Aanish,

Thanks alot for your response.

Yes to check the payload in SXMB_MONI,Message is not coming up to this level. System is prompting no error mesages.

Regards,

Kiran

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Could you please test your mapping by providing the simple inputs manually. So that you can encounter the problem and fix it according to that.

Cheers!!!

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

It seems that for a mandatory element you are not providing any value. Please test your message mapping by providing the values. Here the Target root element is expecting some value.

Test your message mapping in the Test tab by following the steps given in the below link:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

Thanks for your reply.

While Testing the scenario both at message mapping and interface mapping tests are working fine.

even XML conversion is also fine at design end.

only while testing in config window it is giving the error.

Sender Interface mapping Test

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:mt_sender xmlns:ns0="http://jdbc_2_jdbc">

<row>

<NAME>Kiran</NAME>

<ID>123456</ID>

<ADDRESS>address</ADDRESS>

<FLAG/>

</row>

</ns0:mt_sender>

Reciver Interface mapping after test

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:mt_receiver xmlns:ns0="http://jdbc_2_jdbc"><Statement><dbTableName action="INSERT"><table>LIBRARY</table><access><LIBID>123456</LIBID><LIBNAME>Kiran</LIBNAME><LIBADDRESS>address</LIBADDRESS></access></dbTableName></Statement></ns0:mt_receiver>

Upto this level it is working fine. Is there anything I have to refresh to carry out my editing to configuration window.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kiran