cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help regarding RFC Lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing RFC lookup for the first time.I had searched Blogs by michael and danny. But was confused in how to start and how to use those piece of codes as both have different approaches,

My requirement is i need to pass 3 values to my RFC so that it returns a value which i need..Can you guys tell me what to write off in the arguments list and the code changes required?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In this case you should use RFC Lookup API in mapping. And input to this API will be 3 values which you want send and out put you can map to field in which you want to get response. And for this you need one RFC receiver communication channel and need to configured that under signature tab and in Operation mapping also..

Following are few links ..

Best link for RFC lookup and JDBC lookup:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

few more

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/1ec6ced273493a993a80c2301c03da/content.htm

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am using 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

but you have function RFCLookup under conversions.. right?

you can use this /people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO..we have it in Conversions from 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

then in that case as you donu2019t have RFCLookup function you need to try to design your interface in different way..

Could you please explain your whole scenario.?

you use RFCLookup only when in mapping at runtime if you want to get any other value from R/3 and need to use it in your mapping you may need to develop two different mapping.

so in this case you might need to cut your scenario in two different scenario 1st will get the values from r/3 by using RFC and second will use that value for further mapping..and you need to use both the mapping in operation mapping one after another..and like wise you can achieve similar functionality of RFCLookup which 7.1 provides...

so explain your scenario so we will be able to give more specific solution..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhas,

Please refer to the blog by Sabarish which willl be very helpfull..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.